Hey guys, I just started to play the guitar about a month ago... I got most of the basic chords mastered like Am, Bb, B, C, C9, Cmaj7, G, G7, E, Em... Stuff like that... Its just when it comes to making barre chords from the E and Am position, like F#, Bm, C#m, I just cant seem to switch quick enough, I always have to check and take a few seconds to place my fingers.. Is there any tips to get this to work? Or does it just come with practice?

~~ I've been told that making G, A & E with the bottom 3 fingers (middle, ring and pinky) are a good way to strengthen them
if you can play them --Clean-- but u lack speed, the only way is practice and practice, make it slow dont try to make it fast cuz u will sound sloppy and thats the thing we dont want. just practice it slow and it eventually come, and yes, is your pinky in everything you can to gain strength. keep on playing
Quote by axl611
if you can play them --Clean-- but u lack speed, the only way is practice and practice, make it slow dont try to make it fast cuz u will sound sloppy and thats the thing we dont want. just practice it slow and it eventually come, and yes, is your pinky in everything you can to gain strength. keep on playing

+1.

It'll come, just stick with it.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.