Page 1 of 4
so i was playing everyones favorite... rockband, and i realized that in 'can't repeat' [crap i meant cant get my head around you]by the offspring after the long pause they play 'next to you' by the police! i was like omgomg. but anyways to make a point to this pointless rambling, what are some songs that were covers that you thought were a bands original song? oh and i also thought social disortions cover of death or glory was an original song until i bought london calling :/
Last edited by minifridge at Aug 28, 2008,
"You Really Got Me."

When I heard the original, I was like, "Man, these guys can't play this Van Halen song to save their lives."
i totally thought jonas brothers did that hello hello i dont know why u say goodbuy i say hello song. omgomgomg.
then i found out it was the beatles omgomg
Quote by Flying Couch
"You Really Got Me."

When I heard the original, I was like, "Man, these guys can't play this Van Halen song to save their lives."

+957664849

for all the times i heard it and thought it wasn't.
Whats up with all the cover threads tonight?

Anyways, "Higher Ground" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I didn't know it was by Stevie Wonder. Still a great song either way.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
Anyways, "Higher Ground" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I didn't know it was by Stevie Wonder. Still a great song either way.

This, "You Really Got Me", and a lot of Zeppelin songs.
Quote by Flying Couch
"You Really Got Me."

Taken from Guitar World Magazine...
So cant repeat is a cover? and I dont really know any
BromptonCocktail of the A7X Army PM Copius
Aces High by arch enemy, originally by iron maiden
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Mad World by Gary Jules, later found out it was originally by Tears for Fears. I still prefer Gary Jules' version anyday..
Quote by Soroki
Taken from Guitar World Magazine...

Huh?
Quote by rilakam
Who Do You Love? - George Thorogood

That's a cover?
Mad World by Gary Jules and Hurt by Johnny Cash. Both of them just seemed so perfect that I thought they HAD to be the originals.
Get Stoned - Hinder (ew)
Love Buzz - Nirvana
Crossroads - Cream/Eric Clapton/etc
Best I Ever Had - Gary Allan (a bit different from the others)
Whiskey Bar (Alabama Song) - The Doors

A long time ago I thought these were originals:

Roll Over Beethoven - The Beatles
The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana
Who Do You Love? - George Thorogood
Helter Skelter - Motley Crue
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Lol...that quote was in an issue of Guitar World. I don't remember who said it though
Quote by happytimeharry
Mad World by Gary Jules and Hurt by Johnny Cash. Both of them just seemed so perfect that I thought they HAD to be the originals.

I think Trent Reznor once said that Hurt was Cash's song because Reznor was so blown away by his version.
Live and Let Die by Guns N' Roses. I don't know too much beatles stuff
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Silent_Jester13
Whats up with all the cover threads tonight?

+1
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by minifridge
so i was playing everyones favorite... rockband, and i realized that in 'can't repeat' [crap i meant cant get my head around you]by the offspring after the long pause they play 'next to you' by the police!

Dude I never realized that, I never listened to the whole thing. Awesome cover, can't beat The Police though. The Offspring's breakdown/solo is pretty wicked though.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
Aces High by arch enemy, originally by iron maiden

Children Of Bodom did that song too
BulletzAreScene
Quote by minifridge
wasnt the popular version by UB40? or some band like that

I'm not sure. I had only heard the Bob Marley version and then my friend told me Neil Diamond was the original artist. It is possible though.
Thought Guns' version of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" was an original for a while... it's still my favourite version.
Quote by Zan3
through the fire and the flames by dragonforce.

Originally by My Chemical Romance, of course.
Quote by irishstang_87
Originally by My Chemical Romance, of course.

hahahaha +100
Quote by BulletzAreScene
Children Of Bodom did that song too

Oh man..they also did a One cover... just do me a favor and PLEASE don't listen to it.
RHCP - If you want me to stay
finding out that was sly & the family stone turned me onto some good old school funk...

rhcp also did Teenager in love by some 1950's group, and plenty of other covers that sound as though they wrote them, even though teenager in love is very old school sounding

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Page 1 of 4