Page 1 of 2
So did anyone listen to it??
Was it any good??

I wanted to listen to it but ended up on UG instead so maybe i'll catch it in the news tomorrow.

So how was it? If anyone of ye managed to catch it.

And just to add a bit more, you can discuss here what he spoke about and what you feel about him and the stuff he said.
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Aug 29, 2008,
yeah he did a great job. Even if you don't support him, you have to admit that he is a good public speaker to say the least.
Quote by Doppelgänger
I heard Shawn Johnson led the Pledge of Allegiance.

<3

Keep /b/ on /b/.

We don't need that obsession here too.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
Hell yeah, that speech was bitchin', to say the least
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
I liked his race speech better, but this was great.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Human Contact
Keep /b/ on /b/.

We already have got that obsession over here....

And looks like i've missed quite a speech. As despite not being american, i quite wanted to catch it. But i will hopefully later in the news.

So anyway what did he speak about??
Quote by Human Contact
Keep /b/ on /b/.

You're mistaken, most of the obsession is on /sp/.
I didn't get to catch his speech, but I know he's an amazing speaker. I saw clips from Hillary's speech the other day and wow, it was surprisingly good.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
It was great, but I think the key speech from the entire convention was Hillary's. But Obama definately delivered.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power
It was great, but I think the key speech from the entire convention was Hillary's. But Obama definately delivered.

There were a lot of good speeches, really. Kerry, both Clintons, Biden, etc all delivered very well.
Quote by CowboyUp
It was a great speech! Whoever wrote it should be applauded.

He wrote it, actually.
Quote by Spamwise
He wrote it, actually.

Good for him. I was being serious, it was a good speech
Quote by CowboyUp
Good for him. I was being serious, it was a good speech

Oh . I thought you were being sarcastic. It is a shame though that most politicians don't write their own speeches.
i doubt. obama wrote that 100%. Im sure it was a combination of him and his speech writers.
Big points: He wants to end US dependence on Middle East oil within 10 years. He will cut taxes for 90% of working families. He wants the federal government to provide health care to those who cannot afford it or are seriously ill. He will eliminate tax breaks for companies that outsource jobs and give tax breaks for those who employ Americans.

EDIT: As far as I know, he writes his own speeches.
Quote by on a jet
i doubt. obama wrote that 100%. Im sure it was a combination of him and his speech writers.

Yeah that's probably true to some degree.
I don't care if a team of monkeys wrote it, It is nice to finally have someone who can actually properly pronounce words and doesn't make our country look like a bunch of dumb rednecks.
Quote by in2thesun88
I don't care if a team of monkeys wrote it, It is nice to finally have someone who can actually properly pronounce words and doesn't make our country look like a bunch of dumb rednecks.

Well said..
Quote by yoshixxx7
Big points: He wants to end US dependence on Middle East oil within 10 years. He will cut taxes for 90% of working families. He wants the federal government to provide health care to those who cannot afford it or are seriously ill. He will eliminate tax breaks for companies that outsource jobs and give tax breaks for those who employ Americans.

EDIT: As far as I know, he writes his own speeches.

If that can be done, I will be happier. Especially the business tax breaks...
Quote by yoshixxx7

How do you manage cutting back tax while improving health care?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

he also mentioned how he was going to get rid of areas of government that are just a waste of money.
EDIT:
and getting us out of Iraq doesn't hurt either
Quote by Xiaoxi

Well, saving $10,000,000,000 a month by not occupying Iraq would help. Anyway, it was an hour long speech. You can't go that far into detail.
Quote by Xiaoxi

The Iraq war has cost over $570 billion dollars. Presumably, after withdrawing this money will be freed up. Also, money will be freed by eliminating tax breaks for the rich.
Quote by yoshixxx7
The Iraq war has cost over $570 billion dollars. Presumably, after withdrawing this money will be freed up. Also, money will be freed by eliminating tax breaks for the rich.

And eliminating tax breaks for oil companies will help too.
Fair enough.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i caught most of it, missed a few minutes of it getting out of the car and switching on the TV in the house. But it was really good. And he does write his own speeches. I read an article somewhere about how he was always making corrections right up until he went on stage. It's nice to have a politician that writes their own speeches about their ideas. Tax breaks for the middle class and tuition help for college students sound good to me. As well as being free from middle eastern oil within 10 years.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
He is an amazing speaker, and it was an amazingly well-thought out and articulate speech.

Regardless, I'm still pulling for McCain.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Page 1 of 2