Well, I've had this iPod video for around 2 - 2.5 years, and yeah, about a year ago it stopped being recognized by any computer at all. It charges, but doesnt update. It won't even play songs anymore. So.... I think if I just restore it, it'll be fine, but theres no way for me to. I have the latest everything and I've tried 4 cables. I really just want it for my car, causr I have 150 + CD's in there, and it's quite dangerous to look for a CD in a big ole ****ing pile of them while I'm driving.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm going to get a new one soon, but the fact that I can't fix mine just bothers me
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by InvaderTSN
Restore to factory settings. If all else fails, Apple store.

I'd take it straight there in a heart beat if the only Apple store wasn't on the other side of town at Lenox.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
why do you have 150 CDs in your car? and you'd have to be an idiot to pick out a CD while driving

solution: listen to the radio or get a new mp3 player
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Phorgot
why do you have 150 CDs in your car? and you'd have to be an idiot to pick out a CD while driving

solution: listen to the radio or get a new mp3 player

Yes, I'm an idiot. It's an art to how I do it really. haha

Dude, the radio in Atlanta is the ****tiest that I've ever heard. I'm goign to get a new on eeventually, but damn, it's annoying.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
I've had my ipod for over 3 years and I've had no problems with it.

I still hate apple though
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
Have you tried a hard reboot? If I remember correctly you just press and hold the center button and the play/pause button for a few seconds.
apple store will solve your problems... too bad its far. apple's taking over the world, starting with our music and computers. They'll get there

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by gunak87
Have you tried a hard reboot? If I remember correctly you just press and hold the center button and the play/pause button for a few seconds.

i think it's center button with with menu in stead of play/pause, but if that doesn't work then use itunes to restore factory setting. that fixes pretty much anything besides hardware problems.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Just plug it in and go to my computer - right click ipod - format and than it should be set to factory settings. That happened to me a week ago when I pluged my shuffle in befor my laptop finished starting up. Or use Realplayer insted of itoots
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
What im sayin is that when i plug it into any computer Itunes not even windows itsself realizes that its there.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment