Page 1 of 2
"I have 2 quarters, 3 dimes, a penny, some pocket lint, a red string, and a half eaten lollipop, recommend me a tube amp that sounds like a Bogner Uberschall." threads?

WTF man, SAVE PEOPLE!!!

instant gratification leads to failure and regret
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I am a little sick of them, espesially when they keep asking "Is this amp good?" When you give them a couploe solid suggestions. But, meh, I'm here to help so I do what I can. And besides, what would I do if I didn't anwser "which amp?" threads?

EDIT: Wait you've been here since July and you are getting worked up? Damnnnnn
i lurked a good bit before i registered
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
i lurked a good bit before i registered

/fail
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
haha
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by mcrfobtai
EDIT: Wait you've been here since July and you are getting worked up? Damnnnnn

+10000

not saying that lurking doesn't count... but uh... yeah.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Did I time my return to browsing GG&A very poorly, or is there a "complain about other threads" thread every day now? lol
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
Did I time my return to browsing GG&A very poorly, or is there a "complain about other threads" thread every day now? lol

I've seen a lot
But more "Yet another what amp thread" Or something of the sort. It is almost a fashion to make your question out as another mundane everyday question.
Quote by yeahyeah

You picked a bad time to return...

On a better note, Welcome Back!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by kayman121
"I have 2 quarters, 3 dimes, a penny, some pocket lint, a red string, and a half eaten lollipop, recommend me a tube amp that sounds like a Bogner Uberschall." threads?

WTF man, SAVE PEOPLE!!!

instant gratification leads to failure and regret and increased Marshall MG sales

Fixed.
Quote by kayman121

WTF man, SAVE PEOPLE!!!

instant gratification leads to failure and regret

For some people its not that easy. Some 13 year old may have saved up for 5 years and all he has are those 2 quarters, 3 dimes, a penny, some pocket lint, a BLUE string, and a half eaten lollipop... but he is still in dire need of a new amp.

Come on dude. I'm sick of the threads too (along with the "Which amp for metal" or "Recommend me some new pickups!") but cut these annoying people a break lol.
problem is the stickies provide direction (budget, gig, combo, etc) + the search bar but that only seems like an excuse to bump old threads which in turn drives......wtf?

laziness and guitar hero much?

*done now, goes back to practicing before thread gets reported*
I'm tired of all the whining about how many "which amp" threads there are. Most people come here for advice, and to learn more about guitar amps and gear. If you don't want to help someone in a "which amp" then don't.
Well, I've been trying to post some threads that are interesting, but they seem to fall by the wayside.

No one wants to sort through the same threads all the time. If people would post something interesting about a piece of gear more often, the "Wat mapz Trehdz" would be less noticeable. No one does so.

EDIT: And with all these "Which Amp" threads, you'd think there'd be more NAD threads.
Most of those threads have been done already - and the conclusions can be found by searching. By no one does search.
AND, people who start threads asking to get Amp X, get loads of good recommendations, but end up saying they'll get Amp X anyway (I did that once, but still...).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i hate it when people say they want "a good, cheap X"

as if we'd reccomend an overpriced POS
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by yeahyeah

Creating threads complaining about "which amp" threads is the new black. Also bumping 1 month old threads seems to be on the rise too, it's the new blue.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 29, 2008,
I understand wanting a better tone, but there is never a dire need to upgrade an amp. We'd have many better guitarists if people played their guitars rather than wallowing in how bad their amp sounds.
I think the major issue is no stickies... There supossed to be there for stuff that is informative and that keeps popping back up. But yet we dont have any along the lines what we are seeing day to day..

Stickies needed....
Good amps under $500
Best Metal amp on a Budget $500 and $1000
Best OD pedal
Best Distortion pedal
Make the Ultimate Speaker thread a Sticky
Why you shouldnt buy a MG or Spider Halfstack (LOL)

Anyway I think this might cure alot of issues and you could always make it one huge thread to house everything and just label it Equipment Purchasing FAQ or something..

And Lastly a Pictures of your Rig Sticky...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Aug 29, 2008,
Hm, I don't find those threads annoying, and I've been around for a while. I mean, some people really don't have much money to spend, and even for those who do, guitar gear isn't the only thing they have to buy.

I do agree, however, that people with lower budgets can't expect to get a cheap amp that sounds just as good as, say, a Mesa, or any high end amps for that matter. In the end, you get what you pay for.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I think the major issue is no stickies... There supossed to be there for stuff that is informative and that keeps popping back up. But yet we dont have any along the lines what we are seeing day to day..

Stickies needed....
Good amps under $500
Best Metal amp on a Budget $500 and $1000
Best OD pedal
Best Distortion pedal
Make the Ultimate Speaker thread a Sticky
Why you shouldnt buy a MG or Spider Halfstack (LOL)

And we would have to amend some of them by location and used markets. And put a Rick Roll link in the MG vs Spider thread...
Those stickeys never seem to work with noobs. Even thoughb they stay at the top, we still get the same threads on them over and over
Quote by mcrfobtai
Those stickeys never seem to work with noobs. Even thoughb they stay at the top, we still get the same threads on them over and over

Thats because there generic and dont have the info the users are looking for which is what brand amp/pedal/speaker should I purchase for set amount of cash. Those stickies just let you know what an amp is not that mesa isnt good for bedrooms or that you can get a 5150 combo for as low as $450 bucks. Those are the things we need up there.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Thats because there generic and dont have the info the users are looking for which is what brand amp/pedal/speaker should I purchase for set amount of cash. Those stickies just let you know what an amp is not that mesa isnt good for bedrooms or that you can get a 5150 combo for as low as $450 bucks. Those are the things we need up there.

True dat
Quote by IbanezPsycho

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232

?
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

I think searching through all those threads makes for a good guide and serves as a learning experience depending on different peoples circumstances... then again I'm only looking at it from a n0o0b15h point of view but then again again it is a guitar gear section and there're other threads for different conversations...

I actually like seeing people's reccomendations and stuff because that encourages me to learn about new hardware!

I think it'd be a good idea to maybe, for each genre of music vote for a top 10 of the best amps / pedals for that genre. Then make it into a sticky which when someone comes on asking the same age old question we could point them to it. We could all decide with a poll which equipment makes the list!..

...Or not *slouches back in tv watching pose*
Uh oh... ignore my last post! lol... -_-

I just realized it already exists! *trips over guitar lead in n00b!11 like manner*
Quote by UnsignedRecords

Um you mean the jumbo thread of outdated gear that doesnt really make since to todays standards.... lol

Dont get me wrong its some nice work and the sticky does have alot of information. But theres alot missing or outdated. Theres no mention of pedals or brands of pedals that are out today, what pedals work best with what amp, what speakers work best with what amp, what amps are bedroom friendly, no used pricing options, no combinations like this head with this cab, newer amps aren't listed and discontinued amps are not listed. Plus those threads were created in 2005. I love how detailed they are but there overly detailed for a guy looking for suggestions on an amp purchase. The same questions get asked everyday and those questions are not on a sticky.

Example of the thread versus what im saying:
I have a Budget of $500 dollars and play mostly metal what are all my options. Lets see what the thread has to say....

High gain: High gain all tube is a struggle at this price range, but?
£200-£400 ($355-$709; 294-588 Euro) Ashdown Fallen Angel 40 combo (2 channel with boost) (Euro, H/C): probably as close as you?re going to get to all-tube high gain at this price.

Sooooooo how many people here would recommend a Ashdown fallen angel to someone with a $709 dollar budget? Raise your hands..... hmmm looks like no one..

And here is an example of how old that stuff is "$980 - 5150® 212 2x12 60W Guitar Combo Amp (Out of production, will be returning as 6505's)" 6505's were not even in existance yet when this was made lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i hate it when people say they want "a good, cheap X"

as if we'd reccomend an overpriced POS

But how many people recommend the CRUSHING MG anyway?
^^ good point. it should definitely be updated. get on that, chop chop
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
^^ good point. it should definitely be updated. get on that, chop chop

I would but my fingers still hurt from reply'ing to the 50+ whats the best metal amp for $500 bucks and can a valveking do metal threads lol ::type
There have been some good attemts to create a thread that 'could' get stickied or added to a Sticky.

-the Ultimate Speaker Thread is a great example (by MrCarrot)
-there was Pedal thread that got started and looked promising but died off.
-the Smaller Bedroom Practice Amp thread had promise too. Something like that could updated maybe once a year after being built and locked. (I think that was Slash_Rocks2005s). Then there was the Higher end stuff that Gabel or someone made.
-Pictures of Meh Rig type Sticky would def be good. (stickied pron)

My guess is if you don't PM a mod while it is happening to at least ask - or ask how to make it better it's not going to happen on it's own.
It gets old, but people need help, and every situation is slightly different, it seems. But as far as stickies, I do really think the speaker thread deserves it. It's an EXTREMELY useful thread.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
What UG needs to do is make a seperate recommendation thread for guitars, bass, amps, etc. for these types of questions.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
^They have different forums for those different questions.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Yeah, to TNfootballfan's point we have forums broken down like that already. Plus, for example, many may not know anything about bass amps or how to buy an Ibanez guitar so then you would have to weed thru all of those threads if you were in a helping mood.

Again, everyone's situation is different, even tho a lot of the threads seem similar. All, I'm saying is that it would be nice if folks demonstrated their ability to do a little of bit of research first and think about their thread before they create it.

Stickies do suggest things like providing Budget, Music Style, gig/no gig, etc. Threads that start off with $300 and I play blues - turns into $700 and I play modern metal too with a drummer are the ones that waste people's time. It seems some of us spend a lot of time pulling information out of someone when they could have provided it up front.

Man, that was long - sorry.
Page 1 of 2