alright...I just got a job, so in about 2-3 weeks I will be buying an amp.

The guy at the guitar store i go to told me he has a fender 100 wat combo for 350$+ taxes.

I am looking for something with this power....not really looking into quality that much at the moment.

but if you know something around that price range & similar power please post it.

the band I am in is like modern street punk (lower class brats, total chaos, casualties, WNH, etc..), meets 80's HC (Circle Jerks, Minor Threat, Black Flag, etc..) , meets 90's Alt rock / Grunge (Nirvana, Mudhoney, Alice in Chains, Green river, etc..), with a little random pop / classic rock (Beatles, Doors, Foo Fighters, QOTSA).

OD / distortion effects on the amp are unnecessary..so is any other effect.

Also...I guess if you know of any good tube amps that aren't mad pricey please post too..
Check out the Vox AD100.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I know people on here recommend it like crazy, but I play all of that stuff, or played it at some point, and the Valveking 112 has been absolutely perfect for me. You should seriously consider one, and play it a bit. Any 100w Fender under a grand is gonna be SS crap. The VK's onboard distortion would easily cover all of the genres you listed.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I know people on here recommend it like crazy, but I play all of that stuff, or played it at some point, and the Valveking 112 has been absolutely perfect for me. You should seriously consider one, and play it a bit. Any 100w Fender under a grand is gonna be SS crap. The VK's onboard distortion would easily cover all of the genres you listed.

Yeah I heard alot of bad reviews about the cheap fender amps, but I need something with power so I can start doing some serious gigging!

that amp you suggested looks really good, I'll test it out, and see if I like it....the price is in my price range too
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
haha, yeah it's quite a ridiculous sale going on... i have no idea why. i think if you order before they get the new ones in stock (and very possibly bump the price back up) you can lock in the sale price.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
haha, yeah it's quite a ridiculous sale going on... i have no idea why. i think if you order before they get the new ones in stock (and very possibly bump the price back up) you can lock in the sale price.

Damn...no point in ordering it from musiciansfriend....I was hoping that was the price everywhere

if I order it from them, the shipping will cost me like 50$, and then the duty will cost me like another 50$, so I might aswell just get it at the local guitar store..
So you have a job... Why don't you wait to save up for an awesome amp?

Do you have bills you need to pay?

350 is not going to get you an awesome amp. It will get you something serviceable, though if that's all you're looking for.
Quote by imgooley
So you have a job... Why don't you wait to save up for an awesome amp?

Do you have bills you need to pay?

350 is not going to get you an awesome amp. It will get you something serviceable, though if that's all you're looking for.

I have a job, but I need to help my brother out with buying a new amp for himself, and I'm going to try and record a demo in October (once I find a drummer) so I have to pay for that, then I also need to replace the pedal I recently broke + I wanna buy a new guitar soon...I need to put away 300-400$ for christmas time for something I'm doing, and I wanna have a little spending money for stuff besides guitar things.

EDIT : and to find a drummer, I need to jam with one, and to jam with a drummer they need to hear my guitar...or it's pointless....and a 15 wat crate amp just won't cut it..