So My band just played our first gig at a bar/lounge/restraunt place. It went over pretty well but we are cutting a few songs (one of which is a 7 min long original) and we need to add at least three or four new songs to fill the hour and fourty-five min set that we play. We probably have another gig in the second week of october and while that is two months away with out school/work scheduals were not gonna be able to get together more than twice a week. My question here is if i can get some suggestions of "bar-friendly" songs to replace our other ones. Our set for the last gig was:
You Shook Me All Night Long (now cut)
Tie Your Mother Down
What I Like About You (maybe cut)
(original)
Knockin On Heavens Door
Fortunate Son
Johnny B. Goode
Rocky Mountian Way
(original)
Dead Flowers
(original)
Learn To Fly
Mary Janes Last Dance (maybe cut)
(Couple Originals) (one cut)
Everlong
Slither
Rockin' In the Free World
Thats The kind of music we play. Any suggestions are appreciated.
I say your heavy stuff, save the ballad for when you headlining but for now make it Heavy and Energetic and leaving the crowd wanting more...

actually let me let you in on a little secret... try to keep on the down low

http://indiebandadvice.typepad.com/
Don't cut Mary Jane, everybody loves Tom Petty. I'm honestly not sure what to cut, maybe one of the Knockin On Heavens Door/Johnny B. Goode/Rockin In The Free World as those are pretty overused.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
to the second guy: yeah were not sure that mary janes gonna go cause a bunch of people told us that they really liked the way we did it.
Were not gonna cut anything else other than the specified stuff. Just lemme in on any suggestions for some classic rock or foo fighters type modern stuff that we could play and get people into the show.