Just basically what the title says.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Nope (and I have an RP250)

Why are you considering doing this?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
My Line 6 Spider II has horrible tone and I was browsing around looking at pedals until I saw the digitech RP350. Majority of the reviews I read seemed positive.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Quote by sum1udunno
My Line 6 Spider II has horrible tone and I was browsing around looking at pedals until I saw the digitech RP350. Majority of the reviews I read seemed positive.

Try the RP350 with just headphones and decide. Then maybe you might be able to get rid of the Spider.
I do think that my RP250 is a fun toy to play around with but it isn't gonna improve your tone. Honestly, the Spider's tones are probably better than the RP250's. Plus modelers usually sound best with a clean/neutral platform to work with.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
If the RP350 is going to destroy my tone on my Line 6 even more (can't believe that it can get any worse), then what other pedals would you guys recommend?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Quote by Ghold125
modeling amp+multi effects=death to what is left of your tone X(

^this

if you don't like your tone now, then it is time for a new amp.

i have a 250 (same basically) and it will be 'Ok' on a different amp and fine thru headphones. I know UGs that gig with it.

word
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 29, 2008,
^How loud would the RP350 be by itself?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
I have the rp 350 PM me and you can give me a call if you are really interested, I really like mine, ULTIMATE tone NO, but I do like the hell out of it! I do think it is worth your serious consideration, but maybe not for exactly what you are looking to do. It's probably worth both of our times to talk a little bit. Give me a pm.
Yeah with headphones. I neglected to mention that in my previous post.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
It won't be that loud by itself.
You could run it through a power amp, if you needed to.

But, if you ask me, they're not worth it. The cash will be better put to a new amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by sum1udunno
Yeah with headphones. I neglected to mention that in my previous post.

How loud can your Ipod get?
You can also plug it right into a PA if you want.
i use mine mostly with my Fender SS amp as well as my Peavey Tube amp. Both amps take pedals really well actually. Pedal works best on a clean a channel as you can get.

i also use it with headphones and sometimes to record to my PC with USB/Audacity and it is pleny 'loud' enough. The expression pedal can also be configured be a volume pedal. you can also use the X-Edit software to turn things up and down. This software is the biggest plus in my mind. The newer versions have 24 bit encoding but can still sound way digital. Like your spider.

there are other options of course.

budget?
new or used?
type of music?
do you gig or play with drummer?
what part of the world?
etc?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by darkarbiter7

But, if you ask me, they're not worth it. The cash will be better put to a new amp.

true true

same with 667

Quote by darkarbiter7

...and individual pedals.

But it gives you an idea of what a bunch of different thing sound like and do. The drums are useful when practicing as is the wah. It's good to have when saving up and piecing together a rig.

You can also bypass stuff you don't need - and experiment with after you get a nice amp and OD/Distortion pedal.

A lot of people here like the Boss multi-effects.
I like the RP250. Don't use it much anymore tho.
yeah, i don't really use mine much more either but it serves it's purpose. It was great when I first started out and a way to learn.

i'm just now starting to run it on my tube amp and it has some decent sound.

TS - it really depends on what you want to accomplish. If it is just for practice/bedroom or dorm use it may be very useful. But as mentioned any multi-fx pedal into a multi-fx amp is not going to sound all that good so you have to make some choices. Follow the guide I layed out up thar^ as it in most cases can help a person make a decision as to what to do next.
Much thanks for the feedback everybody.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching