Hey guys

I bought an LTD M-400 a couple months ago, have been babying it ever since. Like most floyd rose equipped guitars, it came with and set up for 9s.

Today I felt it was the time to change these strings to my preferred 11s, so after much, much, trouble I finally got them on. I also pretty much took the fr apart and put it back together again in the process but it works. In changing the high E string though, I accidently turned the pivoting screw or whatever it's called. I carefully turned it back, not really knowing how much I turned it in the first place, and I'm worried that I may have messed something up. The action at the twelfth fret is 2.5 mm in the bass at 2mm in the treble, and yes I know it's all personal preference but I was comfortable with how it was stock, so I was wondering if this was higher than normal.. lower?

I checked the intonation with the twelfth fret harmonics also, sounded dead on to me. Should it need to be adjusted? Also, after putting on the 11s I noticed the fr was tilting big time forwards, so I tuned to d standard to ease the tension, put it pretty much near parallel. I might be buying another spring soon if I choose to go back to e standard but whatever.

Overall, is there anything else that I missed that should be adjusted in the transition from E standard with 9s to D standard with 11s? Ive heard some people say they screwed with the truss rod, but I don't think the change is really that big. I know it's a long post, thanks to anyone who can help!
add the spring, level the bridge.

if you want you can also lower the bridge posts a little, then do, see if the action is ok that way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011