Page 1 of 3
So Ive been smoking for about a year. Im surprised how hard it is to quit. Ive made several attempts to quit, never lasts longer than a couple days. Ive tried tapering off, but eventually i start smoking more again. My parents both have smoked for years, and they have nasty coughs. I don't want to be like that. My grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer, though he should live. But that is far off in the future for me, and there is something comforting about ciggarrettes. So I've decided I need to hate cigarettes and never want to touch one again. Ideas?
shove a cigarette up your a** and hold it there for a couple years. that oughta make you hate 'em. if it doesn't... well then you're one very sick son of a ***** aren't ya?

Just stop smoking. throw all your away. Chew gum, not nicotine gum, just gum.
Don't be a pussy.

i've been smoking for a year too. But I didn't smoke all summer.
Stop smoking or The Pit will get you.

We're everywhere.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
DON'T BE SUCH A QUITTER

/cruise control for cool

Get some blackup, man.
Tell some friends to encourage you or if you're chillin with them, tell them not to let you buy em.
I don't know and don't care how old you are, but we're all gonna die eventually.
I don't wanna quit.
let me kick you in the balls every time you want a cigarette
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
Come on man, just light one up, take off some stress, y'know? Get your mind off of quitting smoking. Wait...
Cold turkey ftw
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Light up your penis and try to suck it... After a few hours you'll realize it's imposible and you'll give up and eventually decide you don't want to smoke anymore.

I really doubt that made any sense anyway..
my dad used sunflower seeds and grapefruit juice it worked for him and he smoked for like 28 years or so
Quote by RU Experienced?
Keep your hands occupied, and keep your mind busy.

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? Eh? Eh?
Quote by The Leader

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

*panting* damn all that fapping takes a lot out of me... i need a cig... oh... wait....

But seriously.. i guess I can't imagine how hard it is to quit but I think trying to keep your mind off it really is the best thing to do.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
dont be a pussy, quit cold turkey, it really isnt that hard. you've only been smoking for a year? come on.

just curious, about how many cigarettes/packs do you smoke a day?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by The Leader

It depends, are you thinking about eradicating squirrels from the planet by waging a war against them with genetically altered raccoons?
think of all the money ur wasting...u could get a guitar or amp with it...lol
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by RU Experienced?
It depends, are you thinking about eradicating squirrels from the planet by waging a war against them with genetically altered raccoons?

Nah dude, everyone knows that badgers represent the true supreme threat to all mankind. But the altered raccoons is still a stroke of genius.

....Ah....We could give them horns and scorpion tails!

*Pulls lever on wall disguised as a candle stick, disappears through a small hidden doorway*
no, its really not, i've kissed a few smokers in my days, and it just...tastes like smoke a little. lol
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Keep your hands occupied, and keep your mind busy.

What he's saying is, wank it alot
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
if you hate them that much you simply wouldnt do it.

i smoked from when i was 10 till i was 16. by the time i was 16 i was experiencing chest pains daily so i just thought **** it. i threw my cigs down the toilet and i started on nicotene patches the very next day. simple as that.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
Quote by x X t o c z.
if you hate them that much you simply wouldnt do it.

i smoked from when i was 10 till i was 16. by the time i was 16 i was experiencing chest pains daily so i just thought **** it. i threw my cigs down the toilet and i started on nicotene patches the very next day. simple as that.

10??!!??
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by greekorican5
So Ive been smoking for about a year. Im surprised how hard it is to quit. Ive made several attempts to quit, never lasts longer than a couple days. Ive tried tapering off, but eventually i start smoking more again. My parents both have smoked for years, and they have nasty coughs. I don't want to be like that. My grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer, though he should live. But that is far off in the future for me, and there is something comforting about ciggarrettes. So I've decided I need to hate cigarettes and never want to touch one again. Ideas?

You have weak will. That's all there is to it. By not being able to quit, all you've shown is that a chemical has more control over you then you do over it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Take a week off of work, and lock yourself up with a bunch of movies, video games, and junk food. No patches or gum, it will only feed your craving.
Creator of the Llamastack

Nicotine releases dopamine and adrenalin in effect regulating blood sugar.Drink a little bit of fruit juice every half hour or so to keep BS level up and that should help a lot with the worst effects of the three days or so of physical withdrawal.
Just smoke what you have normally and don't buy,or bum anymore.One hit and your back to previous use or have reset your withdrawal countdown to your detriment.
Quote by vartanspartan
10??!!??

yeah man. wrong crowd kinda thing really.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
Quote by x X t o c z.

ah... idk.. i have a 10 yr old cousin and I could never imagine him smoking.
Quote by Trowzaa
Just stop? That's what I'm doing right now. Just don't buy them and don't accept them from other people, it isn't that hard.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Don't smoke. Good luck, I'm off for my first cig of the day,my first thoroughly satisfying smoke as I stand outside in the refreshing breeze with a glass of ice cold OJ. *sighs*
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by x X t o c z.

I drank rum for the first time when I was 10. I got buzzed off it after one drink >_>. Wish I still could do that .

To the TS: Since you've only been smoking for more than a year just remember that the longer you smoke the harder it will be. If you want to quit then quit now.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by greekorican5

how much do you smoke per day?

if you dont smoke for 21 days, 99% of the nicotine (the addictive substance) leaves your body.

your grandfather probably thought the same when he was starting to smoke. just imagine when youre 50 year sold and your doctor tells you that you have a year to live because smoking gave you lung cancer. at 50, you are watching your kids grow up and you are starting to look forward to retirement. then you die because you thought it was cool to smoke. you just owned yourself.

i used to smoke as well and i quit ages ago. i can still feel and appreciate the difference. try quitting in a period of low stress, like the summer holidays. some people need to taper off, but the best way i think is to completely cut it out and relax with some other method. a good way to help quit is to be a lazy bum for a month and stay home and watch movies and play video games.

oh yeah, and smoking is a big turn off for girlfriends/boyfriends.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Page 1 of 3