Both have whammy bars, both 24 frets, hellraiser is set neck and sl3 is neck tru.

Hellraiser has EMG's with coil tap, Sl3 has seymour duncan hot rails 1 humbucker and 2 single coils.

I play mostly metal, but i would love some nice cleans because i play some Pink Floyd cleans too.

So which?

Hellraiser
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-C1-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513134

SL3
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237
Last edited by Kidfadetoblack at Aug 29, 2008,
Can't go wrong with any Jackson Soloist.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
out of preferable preference I say Hellraiser, but Jacksons are nice, thats a hard choice.
It is a hard choice. I've tried both of them at the stores and i still can't make up my mind. I do however like the sound of the Jackson's Seymour Duncan Hotrails, i've never tried Seymour Duncans before. I also tried the Hellraiser but the one i tried had 3 broken strings so i couldn't really play anything but low power chords.

Also i like your name Octavarium, that's one of my fav DT songs
Quote by Kidfadetoblack
It is a hard choice. I've tried both of them at the stores and i still can't make up my mind. I do however like the sound of the Jackson's Seymour Duncan Hotrails, i've never tried Seymour Duncans before. I also tried the Hellraiser but the one i tried had 3 broken strings so i couldn't really play anything but low power chords.

Also i like your name Octavarium, that's one of my fav DT songs

haha same here, that expalins my screen name lol. DT is teh shiiit

I played the Schecter Hellraiser before and I fell in love with it. But than again I still suggest the Jackson because of the specs. But still it's all in personal preference, but like I said before. Can't go wrong with a Soloist
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
i prefer the hellraiser
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
are you going to use the active pick-ups, if not go for the jackson. i would go for the shecter though, i've always wanted to own a shecter.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

I also saw a Jackson SL2H USA at Sam Ash for $899!!!!!!!! That guitar is like $1700!! I checked the price tag it says it's new and it does say SL2H USA!!! :O

should i ask them if this is really $899 because it was probably not made in the US? Or not because it might backfire and they might change the price back to 1700$ lol?
Quote by Scream And Fly
The Soloist's quality is about 10 times better than the Hellraiser, so you decide.

based on what?
i have a hellraiser, its great, wish i didnt get the red one tho, it stands out too much
dont buy a schecter dude
i bought one cause it played nice at the store
and the first day i brought it hone
the floyd got f***ed and the imput nut fell apart
then the pickups were wired weird

jackson is prolly alot better
Schecter has alot thicker of a neck. Plus the lacquer on schecters seems more slow/sticky than on jackson neck-thrus.

If you want good overall sound, the SD's on the jackson will be better than EMGs. If your just looking at metal, go EMGs. But overall SD's are way more versatile. I own both.

Pickups aside, the schecter will sound more like a Les Paul where as the jackson will sound more like a fat strat. Just to give you an idea.

The schecter has a better tremelo. Thats the only win the schecter over the jackson gets in my opinion.

I personally hate the way schecters feel in my hands. Slow and too chunky for me. Jacksons feel right at home in my hands. Soloists, that is.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Kidfadetoblack
I also saw a Jackson SL2H USA at Sam Ash for $899!!!!!!!! That guitar is like $1700!! I checked the price tag it says it's new and it does say SL2H USA!!! :O

should i ask them if this is really $899 because it was probably not made in the US? Or not because it might backfire and they might change the price back to 1700$ lol?

I'm pretty sure it's a typo. I remember reading on the JCF Forums that Sam Ash had a limited edition made in Japan version of the SL2H. Same specs and everything just made in Japan. Either way I'd definitely get it.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
I was looking at ebay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Pro-Series_W0QQitemZ300253796842QQihZ020QQcategoryZ47072QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know we have a code, thou shall not buy a guitar without trying it, but this one is making me break it! What should i do!? This is like too cheap and it's a Pro series too! Wtf should i do lols. Brand new SL3's are like $1200 lol
Quote by sk8boardbob2
I'm pretty sure it's a typo. I remember reading on the JCF Forums that Sam Ash had a limited edition made in Japan version of the SL2H. Same specs and everything just made in Japan. Either way I'd definitely get it.

That is true. There is a cheap version of the SL2H which is made in Japan. The only difference is that the MIJ version has veneer instead of maple top if im not mistaking.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Kidfadetoblack
I was looking at ebay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Pro-Series_W0QQitemZ300253796842QQihZ020QQcategoryZ47072QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know we have a code, thou shall not buy a guitar without trying it, but this one is making me break it! What should i do!? This is like too cheap and it's a Pro series too! Wtf should i do lols. Brand new SL3's are like $1200 lol

Dude, thats a steal! get it!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Get the jackson.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Jackson.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Pink Floyd's my favorite group, and I love playing their stuff with my Hellraiser. The 81 souns really single-coil ish when tapped (nice bright cluckiness), and the 89 is smoother tapped. Both can pull off floyd stuff with ease given a decent amp.
the jackson, i have one and the tremolo is really good despite what people would tell you that one has the jackson jt580 like mine. it lasts forever and holds tune well. get the jackson