I'm into underground music like crazy. When a band becomes mainstream it kills me. Of course, there are always exceptions.

(Been listening to a few bands too long to just start hating them, although I usually tend to just listen to their older stuff and another exception is any band that was famous before I was born.)
Got any opinions on this? I can't stop lol and I wonder what triggers this desire.

Also, bashing on other's likes in music. I've stopped this greatly because I noticed I do it too much. But what causes this?
Any opinions, experiences, likes, dislikes etc. etc. are welcomed.

(I'm just bored and this is just somehting to talk about so don't take it TOO seriously.)
dude, just smoke weed and listen to some Girl Talk.

Myspace.com/girltalk

You're on your own for the weed.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
You have a peculiar syndrome called elitistdouchitis. Consult the nearest pit member immediately.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by drunkinkoala
Why would you care if a band goes mainstream? isn't it supposed to be how the music sounds?

You are also and idiot.
( He wants attention, don't give hm any.)

Same goes to the poster above^^^^
Quote by Mike!
You sir, are an idiot.

agree
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Dude, come chill in the alt/indie forum.

We're all elitists over there.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
dude, just smoke weed and listen to some Girl Talk.

Myspace.com/girltalk

You're on your own for the weed.

Girl Talk is so awesome.
Quote by Mike!
You are also and idiot.
( He wants attention, don't give hm any.)

Same goes to the poster above^^^^

+2

So you like something until your friends tag along on it also, and then you deem it bad in order to feel elite?
Very well then.
I'm just gonna go listen to the Guitar Hero soundtrack.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Why would you care if a band goes mainstream? isn't it supposed to be how the music sounds?

Exactly.
For example, if you listen to a song called **** Stroll by Against Me! and then listen to New Wave by the same band there's a BIG difference.
I'm too opinionated to just listen to the music. I couldn't listen to a band if I knew all the members were republicans or sexist or rascist.
I would have respect for them, but I just won't listen to them
and I abosolutely hate it when bands are just made or liked based on their aesthetic.
Quote by Dwardom
So you like something until your friends tag along on it also, and then you deem it bad in order to feel elite?
Very well then.
I'm just gonna go listen to the Guitar Hero soundtrack.

I'm not elitist.
I don't 'deem' it bad. I just stop listening to it.
and I when I said I bothered people about their music it's mainly fall out boy, all time low, good charlotte etc.
Those bands are just a waste of time.
Quote by Doppelgänger
Get it right, fool.

wtf?

i understand where your coming from, but dont be ignorant to popular bands. many of them could be considered respectable in the underground.

i dont know much about underground, but i love rhcp and also john frusciante's solo work, which is all underground. after releasing SA, john said in an interview that he can stand behind SA even in his solo career and the underground and all that. not all artists are corporate sellouts or anything. give them a chance

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by Mike!
You sir, are an idiot.

i agree i hate this hole "when a band gets big/commercial"bull****.look if a band is underground and actually have talent, chances r they will make it.basing that on the reason to stop listening to them is dumb,really dumb
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
This thread died a looong time ago lawl.
I just don't see the point of 'making it' but I understand that people have different goals.
I just don't have any desire in being even close to rich.
I'm just playing small shows in small places.
Bands have choices they don't just make it if they're good.
I respect any and every band for just doing what they do but I like underground bands more so sorry.
come chill in the hardcore forum and youll find you aren't an elitist one bit.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Survivalism
Is that anything like "an hero?"

Idiot.

Quote by Doppelgänger
Get it right, fool.

Idiot.
Quote by Doppelgänger
:'(

I'm sorry.....

Do I give you a hug, or do you give me a hug? how does this work?
sounds like you are just tring to make a neché for yourself. don't be that guy. wish bands you like success.
I think Kurt Cobain felt the same way. You should discuss your feelings with him.

Oh wait...
all of you are feeding a troll.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
all of you are feeding a troll.

OM NOM NOM NOM!