Hey guys.

I recently decided that I'd like to start learning the guitar. I'd be appreciative if someone could point me towards some good online learning resources.

*holds guitar and pic in hand ready to learn*

Cheers,
Joel

1st post ftw.
all i can tell you is this...if you have any favorite guitar players from bands you like then practice the stuff they play or if there is a song out there you like listening to and you can picture the whole beat in your head then get the guitar notes for it and practice it.find songs and play along with them.start off small because that's all you can do for now if you're a starter...play songs with a steady,normal strum pattern.practice slowly with placing your hands on the right string and chords.go to YOUTUBE.COM and you can learn a lot from there..look at how others play and you will even get lessons on there about stuff.The Most Important thing i can tell you is this...don't compare yourself to other players because you will lower any confidence you have about playing guitar because there will always be better.Don't be afraid to mess up,if you're afraid to make mistakes then you will never learn how to play guitar the way you want to play because in order to be good you have to make mistakes first.One last thing,when you do start getting good people will tell you that you're good and stuff and that's fine but only you know if you're good enough.record the things you play and then listen to it,if you start to feel like ''wow how did i play that,sounds great'' then you can start to believe that you are getting good.
Bud try youtube.com and search things about beginners and songs to play for beginners.
Last edited by TheRecoveryKid at Aug 29, 2008,
I've heard good things about justinguitar.com and believe it's 100% free, so I would definately start there.

Good luck.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by dpv
I've heard good things about justinguitar.com and believe it's 100% free, so I would definately start there.

Good luck.

yeah justin rules
Quote by dpv

Good luck.

Of all the websites I looked at, this definitely seemed like one of the most comprehensive ones, especially considering it's free. I like having an instructor over being self-taught, though, so I decided to get lessons. Keep that option in mind if you feel a little lost doing the online thing.
First you obviously gotta mention the lesson section in UG. Pretty damn good I think. Ton of lessons covering a ton of things and they're user rated so you can skip over lessons that might not be so helpful.

Second is the Fender Players Club http://www.fenderplayersclub.com/woodshed/beginners/beginners.htm I thinks its got an awesome amount of drill type stuff to help nimble up your fingers, get efficient with open and barre chords, and start to build up your chops.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
-Ultimate-Guitar
-Youtube
-Other various lessons(you can google and find a lot)
-Not online, but GuitarPro and Powertabs are two great programs that you should definatly try.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.