right so ive been thinking about this for ages and i have 2 ideas,

because i play hard rock/metal and blues at the same time...

i could either buy a fender blues junior and buy a visual sound son of hyde pedal to get a good distortion

OR

i could save up tons more and buy a mesa boogie F-30

what do you guys think?

it would basically be for bedroom but i wld want to gig later, i reallly wannt this amp to last me a long time.

thanks guys,
The Blues Junior is an excellent amp, but then you're comparing it with something in a completely different league. This question is quite dubious. So I'll ask, how much time will you have to wait to buy an F-30?
Britain= Laney

GH50L ftw.
Quote by akack
The Blues Junior is an excellent amp, but then you're comparing it with something in a completely different league. This question is quite dubious. So I'll ask, how much time will you have to wait to buy an F-30?

i dunno probably get it with my own money plus a combined christmas and birthday present or something like that.

so i wld say like 8 months time

i could buy the blues junior now
Quote by gilmourish
i dunno probably get it with my own money plus a combined christmas and birthday present or something like that.

so i wld say like 8 months time

i could buy the blues junior now

American made amps are not a good value over there, if it's 325 pounds for a Blues Junior (Which goes for half that over here, almost).

Look into Laney. And other British brands.
8 months ---> F-30 ----> Done.

It's not worth it buying a BJ (teehee) now and then waiting ages for that dream amp. Get the F-30.

EDIT: What will be your maximum budget after those 8 months?
Last edited by akack at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by akack
8 months ---> F-30 ----> Done.

It's not worth it buying a BJ (teehee) now and then waiting ages for that dream amp. Get the F-30.

EDIT: What will be your maximum budget after those 8 months?

umm i would say £1000 maybe? but thats only if i can persuade my dad that its actually worth it and would last me ages and ages and ages

the thing is i will be playing at bedroom levels aswell so i want it to be around 30 watts because otherwise its just to loud
orange ad30?

but damn, an f-30 is £1005 (ish) and a Marshall blues breaker combo is just a little over 800
(no im not suggesting you get it, wont get the gain or voiced)

Also fender and metal never go to gather
Quote by Ghold125
orange ad30?

but damn, an f-30 is £1005 (ish) and a Marshall blues breaker combo is just a little over 800
(no im not suggesting you get it, wont get the gain or voiced)

Also fender and metal never go to gather

if ur not suggesting the marshall bluesbreaker then why did u say that stuff about it then?
Look into Cornford, Engl etc. The boogie f30 is definitely not your best bet in the UK.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by gilmourish
umm i would say £1000 maybe? but thats only if i can persuade my dad that its actually worth it and would last me ages and ages and ages

the thing is i will be playing at bedroom levels aswell so i want it to be around 30 watts because otherwise its just to loud

A Thousand Pounds! Egad! Thou art able to purchase a Matamp!
Cornford Hurricane sounds perfect for you
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

what about a peavey classic 30 with an od pedal?

i think i wuld like to spend around the £600 region but i would go less if need be