Ok so I've been having some trouble with restringing my guitar but I think I might have figured it out. Maybe

Ok, I had Elixir Super Lights on there which go .009-.011-.016-.024-.032-.042
And they sounded great actually had it where the bridge was level and everything!! But I popped my E string during a bend and now I need to restring again!!

I put Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky's on there which go .009-..011-.016-.026-.036-.046
And it is pulling the bridge up especially on he D and G strings. I've tightened the springs in the back but the problem won't go away.

Do you think if I went down to the Ernie Super Slinky's which are the same gauge as the Elixir Super Lights would that solve the problem?

Yes I have checked out the FR thread already, nobody really looks at that any more I think. That and can't really get to much help. I can't take it to a shop as I'm deployed. So it is all on me, but I do have Ernie SuperSlinky's but i don't want to waste them, but do you think changing that gauge will help the bridge settle back down??

Thanks guys.
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal
Tighten up the springs, put more springs in there or block the trem.
All of which are completely reversible.
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
You've re-strung with a different gauge, some of the strings are thicker therefore when they're all on the overall tension is higher and they pull the bridge up. It's not a huge difference though, tightening the springs should have been enough to sort the problem out. It shouldn't be pulling differently on different strings though, the bridge moves as a whole.

Going back to normal 9's won't sort the issue straight away as you've messed with the springs so they're no longer going to be at the same tension, but if it was balanced with 9's before there's no reason why you can't get it back level.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Our singer bought a box of Elixir 11's-5? ... broke every set ... drove him nuts. I went over his guitar, no sharp nut areas, no sharp saddle areas, tuners weren't sharp. He switch to Martins, hasn't broke a string since changing brands. He has a problem with acidic hands so Elixirs were going to help him (doesn't work if they break!). He changes the Martins more frequently, but the breakage is no longer an issue. YMMV
Whatever brand you prefer, buy a set or two, see how they work. If you still break a lot of strings get your guitar checked (a burr on a tuner or malformed nut or saddle could cause this breakage problem)
Gear:
2 PRS Custom 24's
PRS Tremonti SE #7 Pickups
Gibson SG '61 Reissue
Warmoth Guitars (4)
Fender Tele
Gretch 5120 w/ TV-J's
Mesa Nomad 100 & Rect-O-Verb
Fender Twins (2) & Hot Rod
Acoustics - Alvarez, Lowden, Martin HD-35

Scott B
You might want to try Ernie Ball RPS (re-enforced) strings