It'll blow them, you'll have to buy a special set of headphones which are very expensive the headphones are actually more expensive than the Vox AC30 so it would have worked out cheaper if you had just gone for the bigger amp rather than the tiny little amp that works fine with all headphones
Quote by HEXAGRAM66
It'll blow them, you'll have to buy a special set of headphones which are very expensive the headphones are actually more expensive than the Vox AC30 so it would have worked out cheaper if you had just gone for the bigger amp rather than the tiny little amp that works fine with all headphones

Why would it blow them?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
the amplug is not powerful enough to blow headphones....its output is the equivalent of that of an mp3 player..youll be fine with reagular headphones
Quote by HEXAGRAM66

Completely wrong. Those headphones will do fine, threadstarter.
Quote by HEXAGRAM66

I think maybe, just maybe, that this guy was joking!! Especially as they are described as a headphone amplifier!!
Quote by HEXAGRAM66

i dont see the point of this post.
any headphone would work on the amplug, but the quality of sound depends on the headphone itself.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
The point of his post was sarcasm. I've been thinking about buying one of these myself. As the last line of the sarcastic post indicated...

the tiny little amp that works fine with all headphones
Quote by fly135
The point of his post was sarcasm. I've been thinking about buying one of these myself. As the last line of the sarcastic post indicated...

the tiny little amp that works fine with all headphones

i guess i missed that one line.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i've got one of these, the AC30 version. very impressive, i use it when my old lady has gone to bed and i need to be reasonably quiet.

yes, any headphones will work OK, you need the mini jackplug (mp3 player type). the guy was just having a laugh i think. funny sense of humour though.................

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
dr john, how the dirt on that AC30? Likewise, does it clean up when you lower the gain? I'm trying to decide whether to get the AC30 or Classic.
Quote by fly135
dr john, how the dirt on that AC30? Likewise, does it clean up when you lower the gain? I'm trying to decide whether to get the AC30 or Classic.

well, you can drive it into some low distortion with the gain full up. the cleans are great, however, which is what i wanted.

go on the vox website, they have some demo audios of all 3 variants, that's how i decided on the one i wanted.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix