wats the difference between a fender vibro champ and a fender super champ XD? Which one is better? Are they good amps? DO they handle pedals well?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
there are web sites that will give you the breakdown. fender.com and guitarcenter.com is what i use. Vibro is 5 watts and Super is 15 right? I believe they take pedals well for a hybrid. I don't own one so bump for ya

budget?
music pref?
gig or home?
new or used?
my budget is around $250...
i play rock,blues,metal,funk actually i play everything except country
home use and small gigs
new
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I've heard people say hey can do a small gig with the SuperChamp. By small do you mean no PA to mike to? I'm not trying to steer you away from the SuperChamp as I think it is a great little amp. The Crate V's are on sale right now and worth a look too as well as the new Vypyr. I have not played the latter two so

bump for ya
Your pretty limited buying new for $250. The Crate V 33 is probably the best new option in that price range.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V33212-33W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487056&src=3SOSWXXA
Or buy used, although even used at $250 it's going to be tough to get all the types of music you are looking to hit. Save up to $350-$400 and look used and you will have a lot more options.
Super Champ is all tube with SS modeling, Vibro Champ isnt I think.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Superchamp and vibrochamp are all modeling with power tubes, meaning every tone is generated by the dsp, including the clean channel on the superchamp. It's all modeling into the power amp.

Yes I'm right I emailed fender, quit telling people things that aren't right. If you dont know then don't post.

Superchamp would have problems getting over a drummer imo, so if you're looking for gigs I'd suggest something else. It's a good practice amp/studio amp. It's not made to be loud, it's made to sound good at reasonable volumes.
I just bought a 1980 vibro champ. It's loud, but I don't think it's loud enough to be played in anything beyond practice unless it's miced.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
Quote by pak1351
Superchamp and vibrochamp are all modeling with power tubes, meaning every tone is generated by the dsp, including the clean channel on the superchamp. It's all modeling into the power amp.

Yes I'm right I emailed fender, quit telling people things that aren't right. If you dont know then don't post.

Superchamp would have problems getting over a drummer imo, so if you're looking for gigs I'd suggest something else. It's a good practice amp/studio amp. It's not made to be loud, it's made to sound good at reasonable volumes.

Thats right but I gig with it at small venues with no PA and it easily keeps up with the drummer, I play on a volume of about 6 and gain at 6 ....
The good thing about the super champ though is the fact you can drop the volume to bedroom levels and keep it sounding good tis a great practise amp.. I only gig with it because lumping a Blues Deluxe around to every gig is a nightmare and the champ sounds just as good
Last edited by johntb at Sep 2, 2008,