Hey guys, Van halen uses some effects in Aint talking about love. I think its flanger, delay .. Any recommends for pedals to buy. Is there any pedal that covers it all (delay flanger chorus), not looking for a multipedal though... like the dd-20 ?

greets
Van Halen uses the Dunlop MXR Phase 90, he has his own edition of that pedal btw, the EVH Phase or so.
the boss DD-20 only has delays or is it possible ot get chorus or flanger out of it ?
Quote by LeanderTh
the boss DD-20 only has delays or is it possible ot get chorus or flanger out of it ?

Chorus effect, yes. with the right delay time. flanger, no.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by LeanderTh
Hey guys, Van halen uses some effects in Aint talking about love. I think its flanger, delay .. Any recommends for pedals to buy. Is there any pedal that covers it all (delay flanger chorus), not looking for a multipedal though... like the dd-20 ?

greets

EVH used 2 separate channels to record that. One side was dry/no effects, the other was heavy reverb/echo, with a touch of flanger from a late '70s MXR flanger. To duplicate the record exactly, you need to time the flanger sweep as you start the intro. One thing I've found (I've been playing that song for YEARS) is that you really don't need the flanger to make it sound good. If you practice the palm muting & dynamics, you can make it sound almost exact w/o the flange. I know some people will say it's not possible, but I can do it w/ 2 of my amps. The trouble with flangers in general is that they tend to soften the dynamics somewhat, which 99% of amps can't afford to do when playing old VH. (EVH solved that by using the wet/dry 2-channel rig, which most of us can't afford).

Edit: If you really want a pedal for that sound, though, just go with the original. Get the MXR.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Sep 3, 2008,
^ agreed. i don't even own a flanger pedal, and i can play it fine. flanger might help, but as you say, you don't need one to make it sound good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by mothership
Chorus effect, yes. with the right delay time. flanger, no.

Actually it has a modulation delay. The chorus isn't the greatest but it's adjustable, and sounds pretty cool.
for VH one, I beleived EVH used an MXR phase 90, MXR flanger, an Echoplex (don't quote me on this) and a Variac to drop the wattage from his amp from 100 to 90.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.