Hey guys.
Well ive been saving up for awhile since i got my Gibson SG Goddess because I don't like the stock pickups and ive been wondering which pickups i should get. Im looking for high output pickups, i mainley play stuff like Trivium, Pantera, Metallica, BFMV, A7x etc...
I have around.. 250USD right now. I've heard that Seymour Duncan Blackouts Are better than EMG 81/85s but im not too sure... I plan to get the seymour ducan Dimebuckers at bridge posistion and Invaders in the neck posistion is that a good combination? Also ive seen in a Video on youtube that Matt Heafy from trivium used Dimarzio Air Norton and Drop Sonic pickups are those any good?

Thanks in advance
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX

Amp:
Ibanez TBX30R

Effects:
Dunlop Dimebag Wah
MXR Van Halen Phase
Boss Metal Core
Boss Super Chorus
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss DD7 Delay
Everyone here will say to get a new amp first, and I completely agree. You wont notice the difference unless you have a semi-decent amplifier, and the MG is far less than semi-decent.
What pups have you got in at the moment?

If you put blackouts or EMG's in then you won't get a very good clean,

But i would say get a new amp and then you might realize why your tone is ****.
Yeh, i know its become a stereotype but you should get a new amp. Really you should spend around the same for your amp as your guitar and a mg probably isn't going to allow you to get the best tone out of your guitar.
+1 to new amp.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Ah yes I do know that i need a new amp but well my Birthday is coming up and my parents are going to buy me an amp. Havent decided on which one though..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX

Amp:
Ibanez TBX30R

Effects:
Dunlop Dimebag Wah
MXR Van Halen Phase
Boss Metal Core
Boss Super Chorus
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss DD7 Delay
how bout you put your 250 bucks towards the new amp too then, and you could get something even better!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by iArrigo
Ah yes I do know that i need a new amp but well my Birthday is coming up and my parents are going to buy me an amp. Havent decided on which one though..

Well, what ones you thinking of?
From your styles, the Bugera 6260 (cheaper) or Peavey 6505 (costs more) are perfect for you playing.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Im thinking about gettin a Peavy Amp.. im not sure though.. But ill prob get the peavy amp.. xD
But still.. What pickup combination should i get.. ive heard the Alexi Laiho Changed from Emgs to Seymour Duncans.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX

Amp:
Ibanez TBX30R

Effects:
Dunlop Dimebag Wah
MXR Van Halen Phase
Boss Metal Core
Boss Super Chorus
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss DD7 Delay
Gibson and an MG...
get a new amp bro, instead of pickups. a whole lotta improvement on tone with a new amp.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC