I installed SIMS 2 a few days ago, now i tried to put on dark side of the moon and my CD drive died, i need help soon because i'm getting a line 6 UX 2 and i wont be able to get the software installed, if anyone has ever replaced a CD drive could you PM me to tell me how and how much it would cost, and failing that, anyone know where to torrent the software. Thanks.
this is the stickyest incident since stick the sticky stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun
get a new cd drive and plug it in duh
/thread
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by a7xdude666
I installed SIMS 2 a few days ago, now i tried to put on dark side of the moon and my CD drive died, i need help soon because i'm getting a line 6 UX 2 and i wont be able to get the software installed, if anyone has ever replaced a CD drive could you PM me to tell me how and how much it would cost, and failing that, anyone know where to torrent the software. Thanks.

CD drives are dirt cheap now. I'd recommend getting a DVD drive while you're at it. Replacing a disk drive is easy, if you get a new one there should be instructions inside, but it basically involves unscrewing the old drive and unplugging the data and power cables and doing the reverse with the new drive. If you're afraid of doing that yourself just take the computer to a computer shop, and they'll do it for you in no time.
Here's an uber cheap CD drive I found on newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827134011
though I'd recommend getting at least something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106265 .
Also you didn't say whether you have a regular PC or a laptop. If it's a regular tower - your problem is solved, if it's a laptop - you definetly have to go to a PC tech.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's