Hey anyone go to this awesome event in the uk? i have been going for a few years now and it rocks ,last year i got cut price goodies got to play on top guitars and chat to the pro's about set ups e.t.c, there are celebs last year duffy from g&r was there also kerry king and a host of others with live shows, the show runs from Nov 7th--9th and is well worth the trip maybe see you there ....link below.

Music live 08

my bagder stares at me.....
Sounds mad dude, have fun!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I love it, last year was awesome
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I was gonna go last year, but I didn't get round to it. I'll definitely go this year if I have the money.
Yeah i went last year pretty fun. I'll probably enjoy it more though this year as i know more about guitars.
they need 1 in aus
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by Tom_hatton
I was gonna go last year, but I didn't get round to it. I'll definitely go this year if I have the money.

This.

I was gonna go last year, but nobody wanted to come with me.

I don't need to worry about that this year - All my mates are buggering off to various parts of the country for uni... I am not
.No mate its in birmingham just click the link and all info there but well worth the trip i can't wait ,a great day meeting fellow muso's and chatting until my gums bleed and playing until my fingers ache, and the major audio guys are there,,,last year i was speaking to some cool guys from .E.S.P guitars , these guys supplied Metallica on there last tour i bought my KH2 E.S.P right there and thanks to Krank Amps for putting up with me on their Krankenstein amp for an hour....don't buy any gear if your going you'l be shocked at the reductions i mean we are talking a load of cash off......hey also cool was the chance to battle the devil on the Ernie Ball stand if you could out shred him you'd win a prize ..man not many did this guy was awesome....look me up if ya want more info or maybe see you there....yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

here' that link again
MUSIC LIVE 2008
I'm hoping to go, I wanna get a PRS sc245 and I can't find one in shops near me or anywhere else I've been for that matter. I know if I go to music live I'll get one for a good price too.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by kr46
Hey anyone go to this awesome event in the uk? i have been going for a few years now and it rocks ,last year i got cut price goodies got to play on top guitars and chat to the pro's about set ups e.t.c, there are celebs last year duffy from g&r was there also kerry king and a host of others with live shows, the show runs from Nov 7th--9th and is well worth the trip maybe see you there ....link below.

Music live 08

That looks really cool. I might go next year, can't make this one.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
My dad asked me to go see Joe Bonamassa with him at the NEC today, then i stumbled along this thread and found out hes playing at a Guitar Conventin. sign me up
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Yea the tickets are roughly £17 each but if there is four or more of you get a family ticket it knocks a few quid of the price ,,,if ya want to know the exact cost mate go to this link and the ticket office number is there give em a call but i would think £17 is about right.
music live 2008

Oh and the car park is about £8.
Thats a pretty decent price for the ticket...
But like i'ld go if it was in London cuz i like the city too...
Birmingham doesn't quite sound very exciting to me...
I went on a school trip for music a couple years back, it's pretty cool. Played some nice guitars and we stole a microphone worth £100. (it had fallen from the display box thing to the floor so we bagged it).
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Yea the N.E.C where its held is outside of the city and is very easy to access from the m6, still a bit of a hike from dublin though...
Quote by kr46
Yea the N.E.C where its held is outside of the city and is very easy to access from the m6, still a bit of a hike from dublin though...

You say that....

Its a 45 minute flight to Birmingham Airport and the NEC is next door to the airport. So, it probably wouldn't take him much longer than it would for you to come from Cheshire...
Yup, getting there is not much of a problem. Thanks to Ryan Air, i can get to Birmingham n come back in under 50eur. Which is pretty cheap. And it'll take me less time to get from Dublin to Birmingham than it takes me to get from my house to the city centre.
Its just staying in Birmingham. Its just doesn't sound as exciting as visiting London.

But i've never been to Birmingham... so well, try to buy me!
Its worth travelling from outer mongolia for this though ....saving me dough like mad want a Dean dimeoflame ......
Quote by af_the_fragile
Yup, getting there is not much of a problem. Thanks to Ryan Air, i can get to Birmingham n come back in under 50eur. Which is pretty cheap. And it'll take me less time to get from Dublin to Birmingham than it takes me to get from my house to the city centre.
Its just staying in Birmingham. Its just doesn't sound as exciting as visiting London.

But i've never been to Birmingham... so well, try to buy me!

Well....

There's the usual sh*t you find in cities - Museums, galleries, shops, statues and what not.

http://www.visitbirmingham.com/

I'm sure the website does a better job at selling the place than I do...
Quote by kr46
there are celebs last year DUFF from g&r was there

Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Can i just point out it was Duff McKagan from Guns and Roses that was there not the welsh songbird with major lippage or the beer from the simpsons,,,and he was a real nice guy.....
Hey if we can keep this thread going it will rock,,,,i know there's a lot of serious and cool guitarists out there i would love to chat here about the show pre and post my visit and maybe i might bump into ya, i will update info as i recieve it .
I've never heard of it

BUT

It's on my birthday, and it sounds AMAZING!!
There should be some kind of UG Meetup there or something.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Go dude and treat yourself to a prezzy hell there's even cakes there,,last year they had about 50 electric drum kits set up it was surreal watching them smash away with no sound as they had head phones on,,,,and i'm sure there will be loads of people from here there..i'll be the one with the big grin and loads of boxes and sore fingers.
Just a reminder this awesome event is happening very soo don,t miss it ,i can,t wait a great line up of top musicians as well.

MUSIC LIVE 2008
Hey could you post the link again? I think I missed it

On a more serious note I may be going to this depends if my mum buys me a ticket though, looks good.