how easy is it to change a pick guard on a strat? is it just a case of unscrewing the pickups on the surface and the screws around it, or do you need to mess about wth the pickups inside?
if you're just changing the pickguard I suppose you could unscrew the pickups and take the knobs off the pots, change and then screw the pckups back on etc.

if you're doing a pre assembled pickguard i.e. with pickups and pots, then you'll need to solder stuff.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if you're just changing the pickguard I suppose you could unscrew the pickups and take the knobs off the pots, change and then screw the pckups back on etc.

if you're doing a pre assembled pickguard i.e. with pickups and pots, then you'll need to solder stuff.

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.