Are the both the same quality?!? How do i transfer flac to wav without losing quality (my mp3 doesnt support flac)

Also is there any way to upgrade from mp3 to WAV and have as good a quality as you would if it was always WAV?!?
Flac has somewhat better quality but also takes up much more space.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
What the hell is flac? And yes you can change from Wav to Mp3 and vice versa. Why would you need it in Wav though? It just makes the files larger.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Zan3
Are the both the same quality?!? How do i transfer flac to wav without losing quality (my mp3 doesnt support flac)

Also is there any way to upgrade from mp3 to WAV and have as good a quality as you would if it was always WAV?!?

1. close enough that you won't be able to tell the difference even with high end stuff.

2. no, you can't create what's been lost without re-recording it.

Quote by CrackAddict2000
Flac has somewhat better quality but also takes up much more space.

erm, no.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
they're the same quality

think of it as zipping up a wave file
you'll still have all the original data in there

just go with mp3s if that what your mp3 player supports, go 320kbps if you're worried about quality so much, screw using up 12 times more space with WAVs

and no, you can't upgrade audio quality on an mp3, when compressing in a lossy formate you lose some data, forever, and you're not getting the data you lost back no matter what you do (in which case you need to re-rip the mp3 from whatever original source you had)
Last edited by seljer at Aug 29, 2008,
FLAC is a lossless compression encoding which means that it reduces the file size of your songs (unlike wav) while maintaining the audio quality. It claims to reduce the file size by 30% - 50%.

In other words: wav and flac should be similar in quality (assuming they were both taken from the same source - ie: a cd) but flac will use less disk space.

Like seljer said, mp3s use the least amount (or ogg vorbis but many mp3 players don't support it) but it's a lossy compression so even at high bitrates you're losing something. That doesn't mean that you, personally, will be able to hear the difference though. You might want to consider doing a few experiments. Rip the same CD to WAV, FLAC and MP3 (at various bitrates) and see which gives you the preferred balance of quality / storage.