i just finished reading this book, it was pretty freaky
the ending was really stupid, but who cares
has anyone else read this, and what did you think of it?
and is the movie good? i haven't seen it before.

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
I liked the ending of the Shining.

The movie is good too, but vastly different from the book.
I saw the movie first and I preferred it's more psychological outlook that Kubrick gave it rather than the emphasis on the supernatural in the original novel by King. The book is still an excellent read (not my favourite King book) but you should definitely check out the movie.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
But the hotel blowing up is good, it means he wasn't completely overwhelmed by the supernatural stuff and enough of his true self remained not to vent the boiler like the book made you think he was going to do.
I really thought the movie was average at best...

The music made it freaky as hell !!! Man the score was awesome lol...Like th part when the music builds up like crazy and then it just says wednesday...Lol i almost died

But i didn't find the movie disturbing or scary. Especially the part with the teddy bear giving the other guy a blowjob or whatever ? What was with that ?

But anyways go ahead watch it....It's supposed to be a classic too right ?
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
I actually loved the book, and hated the film. Probably because it wasn't the book...

Although the book had way more in it, like the wasps and the hedge animals etc. that the film was lacking.

Although the absolute worst, most unforgivable thing is that Wendy was supposed to be hot. King actually specified this, and Kubrick goes and casts some dilbert from the reject section. Ass.
Quote by GooGooFluffers
i just thought the ending was kind of stupid
"Oh the hotel blew up!"

Thanks for ruining it for us asshole. What if I wanted to read the book, hmm?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Thanks for ruining it for us asshole. What if I wanted to read the book, hmm?

maybe i lied

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

really boring
can't imagine how people can say that is scary
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Yeah it was the first Stephen King book i ever read, honestly i didn't like it that much, i found that the whole book was just leading up to the inevitable ending, and even though i knew only the most basic element of the plot (i'd seen The Simpsons' halloween episode take on it), i thought it was kind of predictable, i mean he couldn't really sustain the one basic idea througout the book, to me at least Steven King is an ideas man, that's why his short stories are so good. And i also agree with whoever said the ending was a bit irritating, very Hollywood/cliche; ironically, i've heard the movie is better.
Wasn't terrible though, some nice 'descent into madness' stuff; i think it was his first novel too.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by X-Boy
I really thought the movie was average at best...

The music made it freaky as hell !!! Man the score was awesome lol...Like th part when the music builds up like crazy and then it just says wednesday...Lol i almost died

But i didn't find the movie disturbing or scary. Especially the part with the teddy bear giving the other guy a blowjob or whatever ? What was with that ?

But anyways go ahead watch it....It's supposed to be a classic too right ?

my dad told me a lot of stuff about how it scared him a lot and that he thought that if i wanted to watch it i could.

but it really wasn't that scary. the music was good though.
||||
Quote by kaptink
But the hotel blowing up is good, it means he wasn't completely overwhelmed by the supernatural stuff and enough of his true self remained not to vent the boiler like the book made you think he was going to do.

fuck you and the 4 other people who ruined it lmfao

btw ive seen like half the movie and its pretty intense, i want to watch the whole thing one day though
I read it in 2 days, had to for school so lets say I didn't enjoyed it

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by GooGooFluffers
i just thought the ending was kind of stupid
"Oh the hotel blew up!"

...Thanks. I was actually reading the book and I was near the end. Thanks... ****.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by GooGooFluffers
sorry for ruining it for you...

You could always, y'know, edit your post.

Anyway, the book is one of my favorite books, but I thought the movie sucked.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
I want to write a screenplay for the Shining, and have it NOT suck like Kubrick's....

This thread reminded me of a couple of months of hatred towards the movie... damn.

Like, ok, it's a decent movie, but it's TOOO different from the book....
Quote by Tedward
fuck you and the 4 other people who ruined it lmfao

btw ive seen like half the movie and its pretty intense, i want to watch the whole thing one day though

Oh Im sorry...

For ruining a 30 year old book.
If you liked The Shining by Stephen King you would love IT by him, it's easily one of the greatest books I've ever read.

The Shining was great though, the film was ok by itself but it was way too different from the book. And the book had the best parts in it.

Quote by Diamond Dave
my mum said salems lot is the scariest stephen king book

i like the shinging htoughj, and carrie was pretty good

Yeah it's a pretty scary one. My first King novel, by the way. It got me hooked. I prefered Carrie to Salems Lot but Salems Lot is a classic.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
If you liked The Shining by Stephen King you would love IT by him, it's easily one of the greatest books I've ever read.

The Shining was great though, the film was ok by itself but it was way too different from the book. And the book had the best parts in it.

Yeah it's a pretty scary one. My first King novel, by the way. It got me hooked. I prefered Carrie to Salems Lot but Salems Lot is a classic.

DUDE!!!
IT is AWESOME!
the only part i didn't get was the part when the kids do it in the sewer....what was that about???

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Good movie but I've watched it so many times that I've become bored of it. Now I can't stand to watch it again.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GooGooFluffers
DUDE!!!
IT is AWESOME!
the only part i didn't get was the part when the kids do it in the sewer....what was that about???

Come on man, kids having sex in the sewer? That was the best part!

Not only that but there was a fat guy AND only one girl and five guys.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life