Hi! I play Acoustic Guitar but i'm getting an electric soon and i just have a question about a certain guitar. My Friend owns the Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and I play it all the time (I don't know a single acoustic song lol I just got one so my fingers would get stronger quicker) and I love the feel of it. It seems like a good Guitar and i can buy a kit at my local Musicstop with this this guitar and an epiphone amp, I was just wondering how far this guitar could take me if you get what om saying?
I'm going to say get a Yamaha Pacifica 112, with a Roland Micro Cube. you'll be much happier with it, methinks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've played the special and i don't think that it's worth the money, there are better guitars in the price range.
The Specials good for beginners, but once your past that, it's not really worth anything. I wish I'd bought the Squier afininity Strat, at least I can mod that.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by randomhero93

This is also good, pair it up with a Fender Super Champ and your rolling.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
This is also good, pair it up with a Fender Super Champ and your rolling.

it aint just good, it f**king kills. and i use a marshell mg 10... NO ONE HATE ON ME!!!! this things been in my house since years ago... both the guitar and the amp... both are amazing
Quote by randomhero93
it aint just good, it f**king kills. and i use a marshell mg 10... NO ONE HATE ON ME!!!! this things been in my house since years ago... both the guitar and the amp... both are amazing

I'm not a big Marshall fan, but people should use whatever they like, they shouldn't be picked on for their rigs.
Quote by chip46
Thanks Guys and the only problem about the guitars you suggested is that they have single coil pickups I'm looking for something with humbuckers.
Don't know what your budget is, but you may want to look into a Schecter Omen if you have the cash.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Spend a little extra cash and buy the Epiphone Standard or the Epi Custom. It will pay off in the long run. I own an Epi Jr.(special with one p/u) an Epi Standard, an Epi Custom 3, and a Gibson Les Paul Custom [=")"] I love my gibby, but If I dont trust where Im going with it, the Epi custom is amazing as well. The standard is great to, but the Custom is deffinately the best to go for.
Ummmm, Vastros, the problem is I'm 13 and my parents wouldn't agree to buy me an more expensive model until I get better (I mean I'm not bad but i only started a few months ago) but i would if i could!