im concidering part exchangeing my usa 52 ri tele for a deluxe strat and was wondering what a fair deal would be so i know what to expect from the local guitar shop. i know that this guy can be a bit of a ripp off at times so i dont want my pants pulling down by him.
the tele is in excellent condition and only a yer old, the strat is brand new so what difference if any should i expect to pay on top of the part exchange? thanks!
Don't trade in man, he'll most likely make you pay extra. I went to a local store today and I wanted to trade in my DKMG for one of the Strats - there was this really nice modded one that was up for a grand, but the dude was good bloke and wasn't gonna try and rip me off so he told me that I should try to sell it to someone (which I have been trying) cause I'd get more money.

Anyway, the point is, sell your Tele, and use the money to buy the Strat, like I said, he'll probably take in your Tele for 1/3 of the price.
Quote by myearshurt
Don't trade in man, he'll most likely make you pay extra. I went to a local store today and I wanted to trade in my DKMG for one of the Strats - there was this really nice modded one that was up for a grand, but the dude was good bloke and wasn't gonna try and rip me off so he told me that I should try to sell it to someone (which I have been trying) cause I'd get more money.

Anyway, the point is, sell your Tele, and use the money to buy the Strat, like I said, he'll probably take in your Tele for 1/3 of the price.

+1 this guy know what hes on about lol.
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.