i didnt think that this belonged in the results thread..since it isnt about results..so i posted here:

For us UKers, we did our year 10 science exams a couple of months ago, but what do these grades actually count for? im pretty sure that my teacher was saying that they only counted for 3% of our final grade, but that cant be right can it?

if anyone can tell me what these exams do towards our grades, that'd be great, thanks
3% per module.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
I'm doing the Science triple Award, I know that the multiple choice exams count for 10% and the internal exams count for 10%.
In my school, we did one whole science GCSE this year, and we are doing one science GCSE next year, so we get 2 GCSEs at the end of next year. I don't know if it's done in every school though
Quote by oneblackened
win.

I thought I'd quote this because it's the one and only time I have recieved praise in The Pit in however many days i have been posting

third wave ska is garbage two tone is the best

Come
on
you
Tractor
Boys!
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
i didnt think that this belonged in the results thread..since it isnt about results..so i posted here:

For us UKers, we did our year 10 science exams a couple of months ago, but what do these grades actually count for? im pretty sure that my teacher was saying that they only counted for 3% of our final grade, but that cant be right can it?

if anyone can tell me what these exams do towards our grades, that'd be great, thanks

Thy're worth 3% for each test. But together they add up.
Don't worry they replace coursework, so it doesn't matter how much they're worth, just o your frickin best
hello
Quote by opc100
Thy're worth 3% for each test. But together they add up.
Don't worry they replace coursework, so it doesn't matter how much they're worth, just o your frickin best

Its a pity they got rid of coursework... Exams are such a ****ty way of measuring a students ability. Coursework is much better for that.
Of course I might be saying that because if there had been nothing but coursework instead of exams then I might have got straight As in my GCSEs and AS levels... ¬_¬
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
You year 10's get to do multiple choice this year right? That's stupid really, seeing as you will have to do the traditional style exam in year 11 anyway. Year 10 won't properly prepare you for how the year 11 exam will work.
NOPE.
i have no idea
hopefully a big percentage of it, am gonna fail on coursework
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
universities will want to see academic record. the better the uni, the better your record has to be to get an offer. if you take 10 GCSE's and get A's, and then go on to do 3 or 4 A-Levels, there is a better chance of a good uni making you an offer.

its best to do these exams in any case because if you want to get to a good uni, a good academic record will put you in a good light, and if you drop out after GCSE's or dont go to uni, employers will want to see some sort of academic achievement. you could be the smartest guy on earth and not take a single GCSE, and the ****tiest uni will not take you.

official exams are a way of separating people based on intelligence and potential so that universities and employers can get the most out of their intake, and so that educational resources are allocated efficiently.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
At my school you do some of your maths GCSE this year and Statistic's Top Set only though which is a load of rubbsih.
You do English Language in year 10 then for Year 11 you can choose between Lit, Media and Drama.
For Science you do Core Science in year 10 and then in Year 11 you do a different type of science or you do a BTEC which is just coursework.
You then do R.E/R.S in Year 10 do your exam this year and then whole of Year 11 do Citzenship.
That's as much as I know which is happening at my school. I got my result's this morning though.
I don't know; in the course that we did, there were 6 multiple choice modules (core science) and 3 written modules (additional science) as well as 2 pieces of coursework. That's the new AQA course, I don't know which one you're doing. Look up the syllabuses on the internet, the exam board websites will have all of that information.