Ok here I go again with more questions for you wonderfully helpful people...

I'm looking for a firewire interface, I was going to buy the Presonus Inspire, it's perfect for me, except it has no midi inputs :\

Do you guys know of anything with the same specs as it but with MIDI in/out on it aswell?

Inspires specs (that I'm interested in) : 2 instrument inputs / line ins and 2 xlr inputs with phantom power and Line outs of course. I want the instrument and line in for no latency plugin use.

But what I wanted to do was get rid of the latency on my Yamaha DGX-505 for playing VST's so I'd like to go from the USB on the keyboard to a USB to MIDI converter and then into the firewire interface.

Anyone got any ideas on a device that'll do all of this? For around the same price of the inspire? (£120)

I took a look at the M-Audio Firewire 410 but it doesn't have any instrument ports, just line ins and I don't know if they'll work the same way as an instrument port...

Thanks in advance
Off the top of my head, check the presonus firebox. I'm not 100% sure though
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
be real careful with presonus. I'm a presonus user... I have a firestudio and digimax fs... they have lackluster drivers and tons of compatability issues... overall, nice equipment... nice and rugged... if they could get their head out of their a**es and write better drivers they would be wonderful.

get a FP10... theyre pretty cheap
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Holy crap! The FP10 looks awesome! Do the line ins work the same way as a Hi-Z input?

If so that's what I'll be getting!
Actually... I just looked on ebay for some pre-owned ones and they're a little out of my current price range as I'm still in need of a few mics and such...

I just looked up the firebox and it looks perfect, thanks jambi_mantra I just don't know if the breakout cable comes with it... also I wonder how it runs on Vista, anyone have experience with it?
Ok, looked it all up and Firebox has Vista drivers and it has everything I need. (still a bit unsure about line-ins working with guitar though)

Thanks for you guys help though, you've saved me from wasting a LOT of time and money
^ just be careful... their drivers are like cancer... one blue screen here, one blue screen there... then BAM... blue screens all the time...

just disable any wireless network adapters you have... those seem to be the culprit.

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I think you just have a shoddy one. I've been using my firepod on Vista with no trouble for months.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Alright, thanks for the warning. One last question, I'm going to be using a firewire expresscard, does anyone know if this will this cause any problems as the firebox is powered by firewire?

I'm just trying to think of everything that can go wrong I'm sick of having to concentrate on setting things up / fixing stuff rather than actually playing the music!

Oh and I'm using a laptop if anyone knows of any issues?
Shouldn't be any issues. I'm running my FP10 into a laptop with Vista. Had no trouble at all.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I have the firestudio not the FP or firepod... I don't know about the pod or firebox but the studio has had a bunch of issues... if you don't believe me check their forum... they have an entire group dedicated to bugs and issues.

again, i really like their stuff... i just think they could do something a little better with the drivers.