Page 1 of 6
Well I turned on my TV and I saw the FOX report on this, he picked Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska (who supports oil drilling, while Mccain said early on he was unsure about drilling but was leaning towards no) to be his running mate.

Discuss.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
I think he'll win a lot of Hillary supporters this way. Many felt betrayed when Obama picked Biden instead of her.
Why...

Would anyone vote for him?

Why why why? This is the biggest publicity stunt ever - even by the presidential race standards. Complete baiting of votes in a rather vulgar fashion.
True, huge sex card will be played here because Women have another chance to be in office.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
I watched it. It didn't seem like he was saying anything important. Just saying some stuff we already knew and he didn't really say anything about what he was going to do when he's president.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Who the balls is Sarah Palin?

Although master did make a good point about getting female voters. Smart move on Mccain's part.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
McCain did this just to win Hilary supporters. Plus he is a dirty old man.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Hmmm... Maybe he'll win a few female conservatives over, but mainly, people will realise he's a twat.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by master
I think he'll win a lot of Hillary supporters this way. Many felt betrayed when Obama picked Biden instead of her.

I think that's his only motive.

I think, deep down, he knows he can't win, and he's just trying to get votes taken away from Obama.

*shrugs*

But what do I know?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by DefectedFromGod
True, huge sex card will be played here because Women have another chance to be in office.

Most of Hillary's supporters didn't want her only because she's a woman, they're also democrats.
Why would anyone vote for the tosser?

I'm not attacking him personally as such. The only reason I can think of is people who like neo-cons, a lack of change or George Bush.
Honestly, I don't think it'd do too much. Maybe there are a couple hardcore feminist moderates that'll be won, but anyone who was going to vote for Hillary will vote for Barack. They had similar agendas and similar campaigns, and both were pretty far from McCain. I don't think anyone other than the nutters will be swayed by this.

It'll be interesting if McCain dies, though. He's pretty old.
Mccain needs to get a Gay Black Women to run with him

That'd really get people goin.
Quote by mortiis999
He should have hired a black woman. Instant success.

Michelle Obama.

That would have made the 08 presidential race into the greatest soap opera of all time.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
If he really was really smart, he could have killed two birds with one stone, so to say, by picking Condoleezza Rice as his VP running mate.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Honestly, I don't think it'd do too much. Maybe there are a couple hardcore feminist moderates that'll be won, but anyone who was going to vote for Hillary will vote for Barack. They had similar agendas and similar campaigns, and both were pretty far from McCain. I don't think anyone other than the nutters will be swayed by this.

It'll be interesting if McCain dies, though. He's pretty old.

i think you'll struggle to find a 'hardcore feminist' who is anti-choice and anti-gay marriage, and who will vote for a woman who took part in a beauty pageant. so even the 'nutters' shouldn't be swayed.

more importantly though: POLITICAL THREAD PLZ.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by fallenangel20

I think, deep down, he knows he can't win, and he's just trying to get votes taken away from Obama.

*shrugs*

But what do I know?

nothing
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Quote by Jackolas

I'm not attacking him personally as such.

Win!
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by Jackolas

I'm not attacking him personally as such. The only reason I can think of is people who like neo-cons, a lack of change or George Bush.

I remember there was a guy on this board with 'George Bush in 2008, we can do it if we work together' in his sig. It appears there are those that still support his policies despite their widely accepted failure. It's disturbing to think that recently McCain has been gaining support and Obama has been losing some. I'm not a major fan of Obama, I believe he's all rhetoric and no substance, and won't be a spectacular president, but if McCain wins then I'm handing in my humanity ID and getting the next flying saucer off of this planet.
Quote by fallenangel20

*shrugs*

But what do I know?

Actually, if you look at the polls the race is really damn close. I know..I don't get it either.
Quote by mh400nt
Win!

Quote by blynd_snyper
I remember there was a guy on this board with 'George Bush in 2008, we can do it if we work together' in his sig. It appears there are those that still support his policies despite their widely accepted failure. It's disturbing to think that recently McCain has been gaining support and Obama has been losing some. I'm not a major fan of Obama, I believe he's all rhetoric and no substance, and won't be a spectacular president, but if McCain wins then I'm handing in my humanity ID and getting the next flying saucer off of this planet.

Heh, I guess that just about covers it!
Quote by SGslinger
If he really was really smart, he could have killed two birds with one stone, so to say, by picking Condoleezza Rice as his VP running mate.

condoleezza rice has never been elected to a political position. moreover, she would compromise mccain's (poor) efforts to distance himself from the bush/cheney administration.
I'm left wing. But I really hope McCain wins.
Obama just doesn't have the experience to run the worlds most powerful country.
I urge every American to vote for McCain.
hello
Quote by blynd_snyper

lawl

Deathcubedk Or whatever

Coolest guy Evar!

Sadly, I think Mccaine will win

there is a lot of propaganda against Obama, which is really ****ed up.

Misinformed americans think he is going to be some ****ing terrorist or some ****.

It's wack.
Usually a VP pick doesn't affect the polls too much. But now Mccain can court the evangelical voters in the US, who had been largely sitting the election out after the REpublican primaries. Since their support has been one of the most important Republican factors over the last thirty years I'm going to say this is good news for Mccain.
Quote by opc100

So what real-world experience does McCain have over Obama when it comes to "running the country", as it were?

Apart from someone who supports him due to age-ism, being a war veteran and so on, I don't see what he holds.
I couldn't give a toss, as long as McCain doesn't win.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Obama is just a sh!tty as McCain. Neither president will be good. I want McCain to win because I don't want higher taxes going to people that don't deserve it.

Swan Song
Quote by opc100

and you want Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska , to be second in line? If Mccain dies in office, and that's a very real possibility, i for one am running for the hills when Palin takes over the presidency!
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Quote by patrickrh
and you want Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska , to be second in line? If Mccain dies in office, and that's a very real possibility, i for one am running for the hills when Palin takes over the presidency!

Hey, I'm English, don't shout at me, shout at the English thread.
hello
Quote by opc100

this is incredibly silly. being experienced is useless if your policies are wrong.
How do we get candidates with the name Barack Hussein Obama and Sarah Palin?

Sounds so close to Stalin

Well It doesnt matter I cant vote yet but Barack the Vote
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is incredibly silly. being experienced is useless if your policies are wrong.

what's even scarier is an unexperienced politician who's policies are wrong.

edit: being inexperienced is even more useless if your policies are wrong. Just rearranging your words to show you that it works both ways.

Swan Song
Quote by m.f.k.r
what's even scarier is an unexperienced politician who's policies are wrong.

+1

This is what I think, but I'm no good at putting things into words
hello
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
Michelle Obama.

That would have made the 08 presidential race into the greatest soap opera of all time.

We'll be back with the second half of Days of Our Lives in just a moment....

*spinning hourglass and song*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20