Ive searched google and here, nothing of interest came up.

How do i return my whole PC back to its original factory settings? I cant find a way at all.

Thanks in advance
Nuke it?

I am a complete fool when it comes to computers, and have no idea what this means. Well, one idea, but I'm guessing I dont have to destroy a country to restore my pc.
Some computers come with a partitioned drive maybe "d:", look for a drive thats not "c:" in "My Computer"
And then open it up there may be a recovery folder/application just run it and it'll do it for you.
"Nukeing" or formatting should be a last resort.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
im sure there is a way to restore factory settings in command prompt... it depends whether you want to delete all data and have a fresh PC or keep the data....
the latter is the easiest;
open the Command Prompt and type in "Format C:/" or similar, and then proceed to reinstall the Operating System.
The first option should be somewhere in the Control Panel... Will look now and edit this.
Originally Posted by venom0014
yeaaaaa, i love you zenmaestro in a non gay way

^Of course Venom, everybody does.

Originally Posted by Will_Minus
This guy knows the score.

You see? Someone knows the score.
I think you just have to put the disc that came with the computer in. Or Go to My computer - right click harddrive - format and than put in the disc that came with your coputer.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
it should be in 'control panel' i think
in the programs bit.. but im not 100% sure
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
"Control panel > Programs"??
el-ECTRO you sure? nothing there on my Control Panel... depends on the operating system though.

RESTORE POINT YOU GUYS! PROGRAMS--->ACCESSORIES---->SYSTEM TOOLS---->system restore.

From there you can go to the very first day you had your pc and restore back to then.
A.K.A. Titanguy
I'm on windows XP

I've tried formatting the C drive, but it comes up with a message saying that windows cant do it

EDIT: It wont let me system restore either, it keep failing.
Back up everything you want then, and search google for "formatting and reinstalling windows" print out the instructions and go.
It's not hard to do.
But it can take 30 mins to - 1:30 mins depending on how comfortable you are doing the stuff.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
time_for_food - why do you want a fresh PC in the first place?
you can probably sort most things without it...
But yeah for a fresh PC format your hard-drive then insert the operating system cd, reinstall it and the other drivers and hey presto... just to make sure you have a Floppy Drive right? I mean i had one hell of a time to put XP on my laptop - no floppy drive. -.-

Erm you probably cannot do it because you don't have an administrator account...
Whose PC is it?

Zenedit; shredbeyndshred is right as well - this will work out alot easier i think, please correct if wrong! Nice one shredbeyndshred!!! Damn you for thinking of this before me

Zenedit mark II;
Erm time_for_food - what is wrong with your computer? Bloody hell... no system restore, no format drive C... erm no Administrator account? It sounds regally screwed though if none of these work... get it to an IT guy i should think!

Last edited by Zenmaestro at Aug 29, 2008,
The main reason is that my sound has been playing up for nearly a year. It says my soundcard is broken or not plugged in sometimes, while other days, it works just fine. I think this might be solved if I just reset the whole thing and start again.
Bring a powerful magnet to your hardrive, Bam, your good to go.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Well it depends whether that is the only problem.
The system might just not be recognizing the sound card correctly on startup... I don't think this would necessarily sort it out though restarting it - could it be a problem with the motherboard itself? I mean i really don't know much more than this...

If none of this works then i would really suggest an IT guy... Otherwise i have no clue what to say...

Zenedit @ MetalicaXP
Come on man... the TS is looking for a serious answer...

Ahhh my dad just told me both computers in the house came with windows already on them, so we dont have any windows installation disk.
I think Ima have to just take it to a repair man.

Thanks for your help anyway
Yeah sure don't worry about it - drop me a PM and let me know how it goes!