Hey pit,

I need some advice from the longboarders that are here. I used to skate (normal skateboards) and was decent in vert and sucked at everything else. Vert was always a lot of fun for me. Sadly there are no good half pipes where I live and I practically quit skating. I thought I'd give longboarding a try, seeing as I love high speeds and I think it would be a good way of getting around town seeing as I drove my bike to a piece of crap. There aren't too many hills in my area or bowls or any of those things, but I still imagine it would be a lot of fun. Do you guys think its worth spending money on? I'm 19 and have never tried out a longboard, but skated for a good 3 years or so. None of my friends own a longboard otherwise I would have already tried it. Its not too popular in Germany. Also, how much would a longboard (one for beginners I guess) roughly cost me? In euros would be great...I imagine its more expensive in europe than in the US.

Cheers,
Chris
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
longboarding is really awesome if ur into that **** but there pretty expensive like 150 $ ish
yeah! do it!

There are different types of boards for different styles of riding. Since you are in a pretty flat area, you definitely don't' need anything that can handle really fast speeds. A lot of flat land stuff is mostly cruising, boardwalking and dancing. An Earthwing Superglider, or a Loaded Dervish would be a great board for stuff like that.

I don't know about the prices in Germany, but in the US they usually range around 150-300 ish. If I remember correctly there's a store called Bones skate shop somewhere in Germany that has a good stock of longboards.

If you want to learn some more about longboarding check out the silverfish longboarding forums.
Longboarding is ghey. Please refrain from it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
It's a good way to like...travel, but other than that I don't really...get it.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
I watched some movies and I really like all the sliding. Any tips on which boards would best handle that?
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Wear long sleeves shirts and don't wear shorts. If you fall while longboarding you're gonna lose some skin so cover up.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge