Last friday for my birthday my older brother bought me a horned mountain dragon (I lol'd when I heard the name, thought he said horny). So now I've gone out to buy him some insects to eat, the guy at Petsmart's reptile section said that he'll eat superworms, wax worms, mealworms and crickets. I bought him superworms and wax worms, the guy said wax worms are extremely healthy for them and that they like them, but my lizard won't eat them, which pisses me off cuz theyre like 10 bucks to buy. Anyone have a lizard and had them not want to eat something?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Maybe Trogdor the burninator isn't hungry. Reptiles eat infrequently.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Last edited by nebiru at Aug 29, 2008,
maybe he just isnt hungry yet? reptiles sometimes dont eat for days. Also is the place where he's at warm enough? because otherwise he wont have the energy to go after the worms and eat them
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Fry them and coat them in caramel, he won't say no.

Or, try getting the third option of worm?

Or maybe just leaving the worms that are good for it in there, eventually it will eat them. Natural instinct and all that. But when it gets to the stage where it's clothes are baggy and it's bony, maybe talk to the pet shop guy?

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
I've already searched everywhere, I offered him supers after teh wax worms and he totally attacked them ravenously, plus hes just a baby and the guy at petsmart told me to feed ihm everyday till he sheds for the first time.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by 12Jim34
So what did you call him?

I named im after the guitarist from The Offspring: Noodles...I was listening to The offspring when I walked into my room after getting home and I saw a large fishtank and was like "lolwut?"
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Lasyk
I've already searched everywhere, I offered him supers after teh wax worms and he totally attacked them ravenously, plus hes just a baby and the guy at petsmart told me to feed ihm everyday till he sheds for the first time.

maybe he's just nervous in his new home. Give him some time to adjust and feel more relaxed at home.
Does it like water? Some lizards like to take frequent baths in water and it helps them relax and feel more better.

BTW pics???
Quote by taatelikoira
Pit Is Not Your Vet

Yea I know but reptile vets are absolutely RIDICULOUSLY expensive
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by af_the_fragile
BTW pics???

This. You dare tell us you own a dragon and not provide pictures?
Maybe you should get him live crickets that way it might trigger him to eat whith all the movement and stuff from them...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
Maybe you should get him live crickets that way it might trigger him to eat whith all the movement and stuff from them...

mom would kill me...I told her I was gunna buy some and she freaked...all teh crickety noises and such
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Retro Rocker
This. You dare tell us you own a dragon and not provide pictures?

sure just a sec
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Lasyk
I named im after the guitarist from The Offspring: Noodles...I was listening to The offspring when I walked into my room after getting home and I saw a large fishtank and was like "lolwut?"

if you don't rename him Trogdor the Burninator, I will kill you
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
how do you upload pics o.o....my pictures are too big apparently
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by poopsmith666
if you don't rename him Trogdor the Burninator, I will kill you

well looks like I'm getting killed...sorry
Quote by I.O.T.M
just tell the pet store guy that hte wax worms are broken and that yo uwant a refund.
Quote by Lasyk
how do you upload pics o.o....my pictures are too big apparently

upload em onto photobucket or something and then link them onto here.
WTF? How did you not name him Trogdor the burninator? **** your ****ty lizard.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
If you only got him recently then maybe he's just stressed and doesn't feel like eating. Once he settles in he should be fine.

Besides, once he gets hungry he will eat.
Maybe he's like a human baby. If you eat some worms in front of him, he might get jealous and want some worms too!

And why are they called "Superworms"? They sound great, maybe you should get a pet superworm instead.
Quote by madbomber233
Maybe he's like a human baby. If you eat some worms in front of him, he might get jealous and want some worms too!

And why are they called "Superworms"? They sound great, maybe you should get a pet superworm instead.

Earthworm Jim > Superworms.
I just googled some pictures and horned mountain dragons look pretty damn cool.

And Retro Rocker - he could just get a superworm and name it Earthworm Jim. Can't lose.
○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Quote by Lasyk
mom would kill me...I told her I was gunna buy some and she freaked...all teh crickety noises and such

I find cricket noises very soothing. helps me sleep.

And shame on you for not naming your dragon Trogdor
Put on some pants, its time to dance! -The Happy Phrase

Quote by Alice Cooper
The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades.

Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because... Disaster, you good sir, are a f*cking genius!
Quote by Lasyk
Yea I know but reptile vets are absolutely RIDICULOUSLY expensive

really? my tortoise vet is quite cheap and knows alot about reptiles (not just tortoises) and i believe she charges the same rate.
Quote by Lasyk

The crickets wouldn't dare make noise in the cage of a hungry reptile. I used to have 2 Uromastix and I fed them crickets about every two weeks. No noise.