okay so i went to marshalls music and found a guitar like this:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VType-NTB-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo?sku=511397&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26041301
used. it was 400 dollars because it had scratches and they already take like 30% off or sumthin. It had EMG pickups put on it and was very easy to play, plus the floyd on it would not untune, and im the person who repedatively fully slackens them and then pulls em back up really fast, in a agressive manor. it had mother of pearl colored binding and grover tuners. all the frets were put on correctly and there was minimal wear on them. it had decent sustain too. I was origanally gonna buy something in the 500-600 range, and it was below my budget! I have 150 saved up but my dad said he would save up for the other half of the guitar i would buy, and my paycheck from my lawn keeping summer job is almost in.
This is where the problems kick in. My family is on a tight budget so he said it would take him weeks to get the money for me, and he wont let me buy anything until i look at one of his hillbilly friends' guitars (which he thinks everyone of his friends who play guitar r like the best in the world, and quite frankly, there not) he says the guy has thousands of dollar guitars,and would probably sell me them for cheaper than the guitar i fell in love with. i think he is kinda stupid for that! he acts as if he knows more about guitar than i do, and he's never even played a musical instrument and knows nothing about them. do any of you have that guitar, and if u do give me a review,and if you agree with my beotching, then point that out too. keep in mind this guitar is a fantastic deal and will probably get sold before i can convince my dad to let me buy it. thanks for reading!
Life.... sucks?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Tell your dad that you've developed an ear for tone and the extra cash is worth the better tone to you and that you will pay all the money back to him eventually.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
get the other half of the money?
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Tell your dad that you've developed an ear for tone and the extra cash is worth the better tone to you and that you will pay all the money back to him eventually.
he's already making me pay him back, but thanks anyway.
Quote by tiky
get the other half of the money?
did u read about how good it was? that thing is gonna be gone...
I posted my thoughts on it in this thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935485&highlight=Peavey+V-type

Some stuff about the pickups isn't relevant here, so ignore that.

As for your bitching; I understand why you're pissed, but I'd advise you to mellow out a little.

First of all, the Peavey V-type isn't exactly rare; if you miss this one, I'm sure another opportunity will present itself later on. You may have to save up a little more, but you'll get it eventually.

Secondly, even though your dad might not know much about guitars, at least listen to his advice. Since he's paying for half of it, you might as well take a look at the guitars he suggested; just trying them is enough. I understand you want the V type, but patience is the key.

Remember to be nice to your dad and the more cooperative you are, the sooner you'll get your V-type.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Go check out his friends guitars? There might be some nice vintage strats or something in there.

amirite?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Go check out his friends guitars? There might be some nice vintage strats or something in there.

amirite?
no. he purposely over generalizes what he says. and p.s. about being nicer to him, the way he is that would probably the nicest thing he's ever done. whenever he does do anything for me he uses it as a excuse to make me do something, and never does anything to just be nice.
Quote by 5150rando
no. he purposely over generalizes what he says. and p.s. about being nicer to him, the way he is that would probably the nicest thing he's ever done. whenever he does do anything for me he uses it as a excuse to make me do something, and never does anything to just be nice.

You might experience it that way, but that doesn't mean those are his actual intentions.

Anyway, this is more of a discussion for the pit...

Go check out his friend's guitars. I'm telling you.

1) If you dont like any, tell him and just don't buy one..
or
2) Get a nice vintage strat for cheap, sell it, and afford 2 V-Types!
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
You might experience it that way, but that doesn't mean those are his actual intentions.

Anyway, this is more of a discussion for the pit...

i h8 the pit... but no my actual question is if i should beg for this guitar or not. its the best deal ive ever seen and i havnt had a working guitar for about 7 months. u dont know what its like to have no loudness and distortion!!!!!!!!!! (starts to sob uncontrolably)
actually my question is if that guitar is worth begging for. p.s. i dont like bridge single coils, and i need a floyd rose on it. plus this guitar is a great oppertunity. this thing is 900 list price and i can get it in great condition for 400!
Last edited by 5150rando at Aug 29, 2008,
Maybe get a real job so you can afford to buy it yourself? This thread is a good case of preteen angst/b*tching. Put it in the pit where it belongs.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
geese... i h8 it when ppl yell at me. i never yell at anyone online because u dont know whats really going on in there life! seriously even i didnt agree with u i wouldnt get all mad. please if u dont agree with me and r gonna be a jerk about it just dont post.
bonsaichaa (did i spell that right?) i thank u for not agreeing with me and not being a jerk about it!
oh yeah and about the pit suggestion, this actually has to do with guitars if anybody had read all the way through my post. the pit is for ppl who use this website for a chat box or something. i mainly want to hear the reviews on the guitar, and it helps me get rid of frusteration when i beotch about it to someone. i dont like bottling feelings up.
Quote by 5150rando
bonsaichaa (did i spell that right?) i thank u for not agreeing with me and not being a jerk about it!

You missed an 's' and a 'p', but you were close enough

Quote by 5150rando
oh yeah and about the pit suggestion, this actually has to do with guitars if anybody had read all the way through my post. the pit is for ppl who use this website for a chat box or something. i mainly want to hear the reviews on the guitar, and it helps me get rid of frusteration when i beotch about it to someone. i dont like bottling feelings up.

My first post has a link to my opinion on this guitar.

By the way, you're welcome to vent your feelings on this site (within reason), although this subforum is mainly dedicated to electric guitars. Not everyone in the Pit is an asshat, so you might even get some helpful replies there.

As a hint , though, don't get too carried away and try not to double or triple post; you'll find you get much more useful replies (and no warnings ) if you stay calm and stick to the rules.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by 5150rando
geese... i h8 it when ppl yell at me. i never yell at anyone online because u dont know whats really going on in there life! seriously even i didnt agree with u i wouldnt get all mad. please if u dont agree with me and r gonna be a jerk about it just dont post.

You hate it when people yell at you? Then you've come to the wrong place. And from your postings it sounds like you're thirteen. Sorry you cant get you're guitar, maybe you should listen to the advice given and not b*tch because its not what you wanted to hear. If you just want to complain and blow off steam, please, take it to the pit and let the monkeys deal with your whining.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by chuckflan333
Go check out his friend's guitars. I'm telling you.

1) If you dont like any, tell him and just don't buy one..
or
2) Get a nice vintage strat for cheap, sell it, and afford 2 V-Types!

Bingo.

Go check out the guitars... who knows, you might find a gem.

Also, ask your music store if they can put the guitar on hold for you... They might be nice and keep it in the back.
You can get wayyyy better used guitars for under 400.

Be patient dude, that guitar sucks anyways.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
nothing can go wrong just taking a look at his friends guitars if not just get your too closed minded about the one you want
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Haven't read any replies.

Quote by 5150rando
Opening post..

Well, I've never been in that situation, but I can imagine how it must feel. Try and look at it from his perspective. What you need to understand, is that if your father really doesn't know anything about musical instruments (like you say), then he has no idea about how a musician can develop a bond to one particular instrument. To him, all guitars are the same, other than some cosmetic differences, and if you're lucky, he'll understand them some have different hardware like tremolos or hardtails that can do different things (though I doubt that, by the sounds of things), etc. By and large, though, he sees no particular reason why you can't just go for this other guitar which probably is pretty good, and is cheaper maybe. Especially if money is tight for you guys at the moment.

Therefore, I recommend that you try and liken this situation to something he's enthusiastic about (unless you're unlucky, and he doesn't have a hobby or anything). For instance, let's say for argument's sake that your dad really likes playing baseball. It would be likely for him to have one particular bat that he adores, and/or one particular mitt. Even though technically all baseball bats and mitts are pretty much the same to anyone else. His ones are his. The point I'm trying to make is, you need to somehow explain to him that you have found your guitar, and while you understand that he means well, and that things are tough at the moment, that instrument just feels perfect in your hands, and if it's at all possible, you just want to buy it before someone else does.

It's a difficult situation, and it sounds like your old man is already really pushing the boat out to give you money towards this guitar. Whatever happens, appreciate that he isn't just stone-walling you, and he is essentially trying to compromise with you. If there can be no compromise, then consider alternative ways of making money. Do you have any stuff you can sell? I'm not just talking guitar gear, here. Computer games, toys, anything. If you really must have this particular guitar, then you've got to make that happen. If your dad can't give you any more money, then you just have to accept that. He's being amazing enough as it is giving you any money for guitars if he's having trouble putting dinner on the table, etc.
Quote by ClassicAxe
You can get wayyyy better used guitars for under 400.

Be patient dude, that guitar sucks anyways.

+1000, look at ebay, they have charvel model 4's regularly going in the 400 range..which in my opinion blow away the v-type..but that's just me..

like other people have been saying, go look at the guy's guitars, he might have a few you actually like, you never know. My Grandad play's acoustic, but has an old Kramer Baretta stashed away somewhere. you never know what the guy will have.
Just cause school starts doesn't mean you can't work. Mow that lawn bitch!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Martin Scott wrote-
"It's a difficult situation, and it sounds like your old man is already really pushing the boat out to give you money towards this guitar. Whatever happens, appreciate that he isn't just stone-walling you, and he is essentially trying to compromise with you."

Yeah dude, just have a little patience, and be glad he's helping you out. I asked my mom and dad for a guitar or money to help get a guitar for Christmas.
They got my little sister a guitar.