I searched and there wasn't a Decadence thread so I thought I'd make one. For those of you who don't know who decadence are, here are some helpful links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh1hzJ69AlA

http://www.decadence.se/

http://www.myspace.com/decadenceswe

Anyway I think they're awesome and hopefully a lot of you guys will. Enjoy!
Awesome stuff. And damn the singers ****ing HOT!

reminds me of a thrashy version of Death mixed with Exodus.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

with a name like kitty....

i'm wondering if the other 4 are tapping that. haha

love her "I'm ****ing Metal" shirt btw.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Chick isnt that hot....I wouldnt kick her out of the bed for fartin though.

Music is Arch Enemy-style shite
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Because Arch Enemy suck arse.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested

So this one album from them, which Im almost guaranteed will sound the exact same as their other albums, and will sound like muck to me, is going to change my opinion of them?

Nice try lad..
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by seekmetal
Clearly you haven't heard Anthems of Rebellion.

...Thta's one of their worst. 'Black Earth ' and 'Burning Bridges' are far superior.

This band is gay becasue they are 3rd rate melodeath with a 4th rate vocalist. The fact they have to play the sex card underlines their lack of value.
Quote by seekmetal
If your a metalhead, and I mean a proper one not some emo poser, then yes it will because It is their best album. If you don't like it then fair enough, I tried.

So you're calling Arch Enemy the truest of metal? I smell a troll.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
That's bollocks because Angela doesn't use her looks to sell records, unlike Lacuna coil. Those two records are good but personally my favourite two are Wages of Sin and Anthems... but aren't we kind of off topic here. Let's just talk about the awesomeness of Decadence!
Quote by seekmetal
That's bollocks because Angela doesn't use her looks to sell records, unlike Lacuna coil. Those two records are good but personally my favourite two are Wages of Sin and Anthems... but aren't we kind of off topic here. Let's just talk about the awesomeness of Decadence!

The second part of my post addressed to Decadence. AE have released good material up to and including Wages of Sin. They are now pretty dire. Decadence are totally reduntant altogether.
Cheesy name, the singer isn't even hot, uninspired boring music...

Meh
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

dude, stop trying to force people to like this band
they are quite boring and generic, there are some much better melodeath bands out there
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Sep 1, 2008,
I'm not forcing you. The point of this is to raise awarness about the band because they are still very small. Thats why I made this thread, I just want people to of heard of them so that when their albums become available worldwide people will actually buy them.
This style of music has been done millions of times before and in my opinion gets really boring fast, some nice riffs every once in a while doesn't save it

I only listened to the youtube link you posted, but it was interesting to me for like 1 minute
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by seekmetal
I'm not forcing you. The point of this is to raise awarness about the band because they are still very small. Thats why I made this thread, I just want people to of heard of them so that when their albums become available worldwide people will actually buy them.

They're still small because they are writing booring played out music.
Quote by seekmetal
If you only listened to one song then what you have to say about them is worthless. Listen to at least five before you judge them, and mortis we all know you hate them so please stop reminding us!

Why? It's not my perogative to learn to like them. If I listen to one song and I can tell that they aren't good that is enough. There are too many melodeath bands, this is a good example of why there should be a melodeath cull.
Quote by seekmetal
Not quite mate but whatever.

Yeah, I can tell from one song that they aren't appealing. And what I said about melodeath is certainly true, this band are a product of tha problem.
I used to be like you and hear one song by a band and then make a judgement and walk away. My friend showed me the problem with this. If someone played me a metallica song and it was dirty window off of st.anger then I would hate them but if I heard that song and then listened to master of puppets and a bunch of other songs then not only would I like them but I would also be able to judge better. If you don't like Decadence then fair enough, I don't care but at least give them a chance and listen to more than one song.