So I think I screwed up, I have a nice USA Standard Tele, thats setup very well and plays great action super close, and no fret buzz. Except for on the 15, or 16 fret, when I bend on that fret it goes out, I adjusted the saddle and it made the action to high on that string to stop the buzzing, so I filed down the high fret to fix it. After I filled enough to fix that fret, now the next fret up buzzes even worse than the first on did. Should I file that one, and repaet untill there is no more buzzing, then check and repeat, or should I take it in?
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
dude... you can't just go filing frets unless you know what you're doing and have a way of checking them...

get the stew mac fret rocker, a set of crowning files and a polishing stick...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
^ not that far down the board... if the action is good until the 15th or 16th fret and buzzes on one or two frets that high up it's usually just a high spot. The body meets the neck around 18 or 19th fret. if it were buzzing around 8 or 9 i'd say tweak the truss rod...

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
^ So its nothing that cannot be fixed? I kinda feel like I really messed up my guitar, I am a do it my self kind of guy and have installed all kinds of pickups and stuff, and I have set the action up before, I thought I could file that bad one down where its needed to be, I guess I just took a litle to much off. I should not have tried this one without a little direction with some more experenced. So should a take it in to my guitar tech and have him fix it, since I have no way to put the crown back on that fret?
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
^ do as i said above. get a crowning file and a fret rocker. it's not hard to do fretwork you just have to have the right tools and prepare accordingly.