Hi

I usually just go with the distortion on my vox valvetronic, but I realised at a gig today that you can get very different sounding distortion with a pedal but it does sound sort of fake. Can anyone reccomend a pedal with natural valve/tube distortion sound that is still quite heavy?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
try the tonebone plexitube, it's expensive but it's every thing you could ask for in a distortion pedal
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
thanks, i heard a "grunge" pedal today and they sound sort of cool but so fake sounding
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
do not get a distortion pedal for a valvetronix amp! it just doubles the clipping, and will be fizzy, lifeless, sterile, and noisy, to say the least.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

A Blackstar Tube distortion should be good. Anything with a tube in it should be good.
Quote by qotsa1998
A Blackstar Tube distortion should be good. Anything with a tube in it should be good.

With a tube amp they make ALOT of noise, I'd hate to think what it would sound like coupled with a modeling amp

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
I've got a big muff pi fuzz pedal that I absolutely love. You can get a lot of sounds out of it. It could be right for you, but it all depends what you're playing and what you're looking for.
I don't know what you mean by fake, but I think there are very nice transistor based distortion pedals out there.

I think the the Marshall Jackhammer is one of the best I've heard for the price. The ProCo Rat 2 is also very nice, and has a HUGE range as far as available gain, but its somewhat "open" and loose sounding, and really benefits from a 7 or 10 band EQ and some Compression to tighten it up.

If you must go tube though, the Blackstar and Tonebone pedals are all supposedly very good, although I've never played one.

You might wanna look into the Ibanez Tube King Reissue as well.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/