which would you get: Orange Crush 30, Line 6 Spider 3 30, or the Peavey Vypyr 30? Obviously everyone has their own opinions about each amp, but what i'm looking for is WHY one may be better than the other. i know that $200 doesn't go very far for buying an amp, but this is just an at home/practice amp. i'm leaning toward the orange and the line 6, since i don't know much about the vypyr. anyone else have any other suggestions for an amp in the $200-250 range? (i'm playing mostly classic, southern, and hard rock, and some blues too) thanks!
vox valvetronix
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

You could try out a Blackheart Little Giant. I've heard great things about it, although it won't have the gain for the heavier music styles.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
vyper its hybrid and not as sterile as th eline 6

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Blackheart Little Giant. I think one version is about $250. Does great classic rock stuff, blues, and other lo-to-med gain stuff.
Even though Vypyrs seem to be very nice from what I've heard, I'd get the Orange Crush as I don't like modeling amps... With that said the Spider is out of question to me, not only because it's a modeling amp, but also because of its crappy digital tone.

Just my opinions though
check my profile for classic rock clips of the vox valvetronix ad30vt (same sounds as the ad15, ad50 etc.)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
^^^timzee

Only 2 of the 6 are hybrids. the 60 and 120 watt. Those two have not hit the streets yet so I don't think anyone has played one yet. Actually, i don't know wtf they have as the information coming out seems confusing. For all I know they all have tube preamps. i'll shut up now.

Here is a chart:

http://www.peavey.com/products/Vypyr/index.cfm
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by bmm27
which would you get: Orange Crush 30, Line 6 Spider 3 30, or the Peavey Vypyr 30? Obviously everyone has their own opinions about each amp, but what i'm looking for is WHY one may be better than the other. i know that $200 doesn't go very far for buying an amp, but this is just an at home/practice amp. i'm leaning toward the orange and the line 6, since i don't know much about the vypyr. anyone else have any other suggestions for an amp in the $200-250 range? (i'm playing mostly classic, southern, and hard rock, and some blues too) thanks!

Line 6 - No. unreliable, crap in general and particulary bad at the sounds you'd want.
Orange Crush - No. not a bad practice amp, just not ideal for you. If you wanted to play ratty punk stuff it'd be a great choice.
Vypyr - far too new to pass judgement on

Vox valvetronix - good at modelling the kind of sounds you'd be using, pretty reliable, good effects.
Roland Cube 30X - probably not as ideal as the vox in terms of sound but easier to use and built like a tank.
Blackheart Little Giant - wipes the floor with everything else in terms of the sound quality for classic rock and blues tones, however not ideal for a beginner who wants to experiment with effects (as it has none!) and perhaps isn't sure of "their" sound yet.

I'd say go with the Vox.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com