I've tried many and havent liked them but I found one I like. Peavey Valveking 212. I've tried a used Marshall AVT100 but it wasnt there last time I went to Guitar Center. I've tried a Valvetronix ADT100 or whatever its called. But that one doesnt do metal that well. Then I tried a Marshall MG100HDFX, but thas a big NO NO. So, then I got to the Valveking and I liked it, sounds good, does metal pretty well. So, what I was thinking is. Theres a used Valveking 212 at Guitar Center for 400bucks and my budget is 600$. I could buy the Valveking and with the extra 200bucks I have left over I could buy new speakers or tubes.
So, what do you guys think? I wanted to get a 6505 but I cant find any cheap enough and I dont have a credit card for eBay.

If you guys have any other ideas for a good amp for me, lemme' know. And I only shop at Guitar center so I wont find amps that arent very popular.
A VK could use some nice mew speakers. I have a 112. Nice amp, but i think better speakers could give it more definition and a better sound. But for $600, depending on what you play, an Epi Blues Custom, B-52 AT-112, or Fender Hot Rod.
vk is awsome..
if you like the sound..stick with it.
u wont find a better one
...signature...
def get it and switchou th speakers

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The VK is an ok amp for its price, but modding an amp like that just makes no sense to me. If you think the amp sounds decent but could sound better by adding more money to it, then there's almost certainly an amp that will sound better stock than a modded VK for the same price.

Search your local Craigslist for 5150s and Mesa F-30/F-50/DC-3/DC-5. Any of those are miles better than a VK can ever hope to be (imo) and in the same price range. Also, check used.guitarcenter.com they actually have tons of good deals that pop up on there and they can ship the items to your local GC if it's out of state.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The VK is an ok amp for its price, but modding an amp like that just makes no sense to me. If you think the amp sounds decent but could sound better by adding more money to it, then there's almost certainly an amp that will sound better stock than a modded VK for the same price.

Search your local Craigslist for 5150s and Mesa F-30/F-50/DC-3/DC-5. Any of those are miles better than a VK can ever hope to be (imo) and in the same price range. Also, check used.guitarcenter.com they actually have tons of good deals that pop up on there and they can ship the items to your local GC if it's out of state.

Good call man. I mean I always feel biased when recommending the F series since I own the 50, but it really is that good of an amp for those that play metal but want their cleans too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Good call man. I mean I always feel biased when recommending the F series since I own the 50, but it really is that good of an amp for those that play metal but want their cleans too.

Yeah, for sure I really like the F series, I owned an F-30 for a week, it was pretty sweet. Wish I didn't get rid of it, but I got too good of an offer on it from a friend that I had to let it go.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com