So today my friend told me there was a "white lighter conspiracy," but wouldnt go into much detail, just said DONT use em, so can anyone shed some light on this issue?
the search bar came up with jack**** btw
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

it's true, don't ever use a white lighter.

EDIT: i just got back from a 45 days ban. im happy
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
its superstitious bull**** that white lighters are bad luck
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Their said to bring bad luck I met a guy who everytime he got in trouble with the po po he had a white lighter... believe it or not!!
I (still, after everything) believe in Billy Corgan.
like a white cigarette lighter. there's a myth that it brings bad luck to all who use one to smoke up.
"So if you are 27 and left-handed, don’t use a white bic lighter, you will die."

Awesome!
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
bubblers are bad luck too

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

the one time i used a white lighter some kid at the party i was at had a really bad trip on acid and went crazy and ended up in a state hospital.

its stupid but i still wont use them hah
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
ive herd of it. i buy em so no one takes mine.

i have a thing against yellow lighters, well had a thing against them. ive since realized that being superstitious will make you find reasons to not wana use something. i smoked with one before going on a road trip, got pulled over 3 times, almost got searched twice. used on for smoking out back of work, boss caught us. ivesince realized its not the lighter, its being dumb while burning, thus getting caught, and thinking its the lighters fault, instead of mine.

even though i dont believe they are bad luck, i wont buy one, or a 5 pack with one in it.
has anyone here ever actually had bad luck whilst using such a lighter?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Nah, this only applies in crack pipes..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
It's probably related to the "last light of a match" superstition. Some hippy got sniped in 'Nam while smoking up with a white lighter.
Quote by timzee117

how so?the water smells like hell when someone thinks they can tip if over to cache it out, other than that, i love bubblers.
The real history to the white lighter myth and why they are unlucky is based on four famous and revolutionary musicians of the second half of the 20th century. Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrex, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain were all left-handed, all died at the age of 27, and all their autopsies reported that a white bic lighter was found in their pockets. This is why it is said that white lighters are unlucky. So if you are 27 and left-handed, don’t use a white bic lighter, you will die.

from urbandictionary
DIO FOREVER
Women on boats are always bad luck as well. If you are ever on a boat and find a woman, throw her off or you will die.
Last edited by Erik_Aero at Aug 29, 2008,
'tis truth. Don't use white bics. You've been warned! Save yourself the trouble!
Quote by timzee117

Bullshit.

White lighters are not bad luck.

Bubblers are not bad luck.

If you get caught when you have one on you, it's probably because you were doing something stupid, not a conspiracy and not bad luck.