So, I've had my current guitar for over two and half years now, I absolutely love it... (Schecter Omen-6 "extreme series")... It's a solid guitar, the pickups are great, it's simple and also looks nice!

This being said, I don't think I will need to buy another guitar for different variety/feel/sound anything like that unless it's a guitar that will do it all, last a lifetime and just generally kick ass...

I'm not planning on buying soon, (years to come)... But just to satisfy my curiosity... I've been looking around on the Carvin website (even did the custom form, for a price quote on my guitar) and they really give you everything you could ask for at a killer price (compared to many overpriced gibsons/fenders that could possibly be lacking)...

Does anyone own a custom Carvin?

What Model? (Specs would be nice, maybe pictures too!)

How much did it cost?

How long did it take to make, and deliver from the date of ordering?

Are they worth it?

Any Problems?
Gibson and Fender lacking? and a schecter isn't? XD

Anyway, it depends what you get on your carvin, prices vary alot.

They're worth it if you can afford it.

The only problems I can think are, you can't change the pick ups unless you route it out a little bit, because the pick ups are slightly smaller.
Quote by nan0
Gibson and Fender lacking? and a schecter isn't? XD

Anyway, it depends what you get on your carvin, prices vary alot.

They're worth it if you can afford it.

The only problems I can think are, you can't change the pick ups unless you route it out a little bit, because the pick ups are slightly smaller.

I said the fender/gibson lacking thing just because for a 3000 dollar guitar, you might not get all the specs you want... Which is completely justified to say in a thread talking about custom guitars.

Hmmm, I'm unaware of "average" pickup sizes (subsequently routing), and Carvins website doesn't give a great description for each pickup they make (though they do make quite a few different ones apparently!)
Try the carvin museum forum, they hav tons of pictures of ppl who own them.
I don't own one, but I've played a few, and from my experience, Carvin's pickups are absolute ass.

Everything else is nigh-flawless, though - loved all 4 that I played. I'm thinking an Ultra V will be my next guitar within the next year.

I absolutely love it. No guitar I have played has matched it for its price. Id expect to pay double for a guitar that plays like it, and its customizable.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!