Hey, I'm planning on setting up my basement as a place where my band can practice and just jam. I already have 2 guitars (gibson sg-3 and epiphone les paul), 1 bass (ibanez), acoustic (epiphone), 2 amps (fender 15G and hot rod deluxe) and drum kit (pearl forum). There are couches and a pool table down there and i have lots of stands and wall hangers. edit. and i have a piano down there.

What i'm wondering is what are other things that you think mite be a good addition to this practice area, thinking of getting maybe something like a mandolin. also do you think it's necissary for me to get any other amps/guitars? I have about 500$ to spend on more stuff so any ideas are appreciated.
Last edited by Les Paul57 at Aug 29, 2008,
Get a minifridge.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I agree on the minifridge and add in the idea of a bass amp
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by PunkRocker33133
I agree on the minifridge and add in the idea of a bass amp

hmm hadn't thot about a bass amp, and there is a kitchen in my basement so mini fridge isn't needed.
Also... do you have air conditioner/heater in there?

cuz in my old band it would get pretty cold in the winter and now in my cousin's garage it gets waaay too hot.

Quote by evening_crow
Also... do you have air conditioner/heater in there?

cuz in my old band it would get pretty cold in the winter and now in my cousin's garage it gets waaay too hot.

yeah. im wondering if there are any more musical stuff i shud get.
Quote by Les Paul57
yeah. im wondering if there are any more musical stuff i shud get.

pa?

well what type of music is played down there? if its something like the greatful dead you can grab a bunch of cool percussion stuff. how about keys/synth/piano?

and you cant go wrong with a harp :
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Maybe a horn (in the jazz sense of the word) of some sort? A trumpet or maybe an alto sax, to do ska or some jazz or blues. And a mandolin would be a good addition to your jam area. A computer as well, for recording or tabs.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp