I've been playing my Ibanez acoustic through my Orange Rockerverb 50 and it's just not the same as my Epi LP was I sold the LP so I could upgrade but now I'm having trouble deciding what to get!

My price range isn't established but I'd like to spend somewhere between 500 and 700.
I play almost every kind of music from Clapton to The Fall of Troy... Mainly the hardcore/prog rock scene however. I'd like a versatile guitar that's more aimed toward heavier music

Ideas so far:
Schecter Hellraiser c-1
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Schecter S-1 Elite (PUPs don't seem to be this guitar's strong point)
ESP LTD EC-500
ESP LTD EC-400VF
ESP LTD MH-400 (Looking for a fixed bridge however)
Ibanez SZ4020 Prestige (A bit spendy but I can be patient )
Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom GX

I like the looks of the Schecters by far but worried about the EMGs... I hear mixed reviews about them

I'd love to try all these guitars but the only one I've been able to play is the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 which was real nice but I think I might be able to do better?

Let me know whatcha think and feel free to make some recommendations!!!

Thanks in advance!!
get the schecter hollywood classic. u can find it on theyre website. its absolutely beautiful
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
I like the feel of Schecters, but for your mentioning of clapton, I gotta advise you to get something else... EMGs are mediocre with clean and give a very sterile sound.

The S-1s are not considered Schecters finer guitars, but I'd still go try it.

I've never played the Ibanez, but the prestige models are... prestigious?

I really like the ESP MH, but once again, EMGs might not be for you.... Try it out though!
Well It depends on what the guitar feels like. I got a Schector and hated it. Emp's are fine but the big frets were annoying. Plus I constantly broke a string and had to unscrew all the parts with the Floyd tremolo. But I was noobish then......ok more noobish. Would rather have that now than my new guitar though. So play'em, test'em out. ALso try out a strap on them too.
I think that a nice Epiphone Les Paul would do you good, or perhaps save up an extra 500 or so and get a Gibson LP. I don't know much about Schecter (I'm a classic guitar kind of guy), but I do know that EMGs aren't worth the fuss. I'm not a fan of Ibanez either, they haven't made a worthwhile guitar since the late 70s in my opinion.

The Epi will handle your heavy tones and your cleaner tones just fine.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
epiphone g400 and upgrade the pups

better then a gibson

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by buddyboombotz
Well It depends on what the guitar feels like. I got a Schector and hated it. Emp's are fine but the big frets were annoying. Plus I constantly broke a string and had to unscrew all the parts with the Floyd tremolo. But I was noobish then......ok more noobish. Would rather have that now than my new guitar though. So play'em, test'em out. ALso try out a strap on them too.

Well it's a good thing he's looking at ESPs and Schecter!
Quote by timzee117
epiphone g400 and upgrade the pups

better then a gibson

I dislike the feel of any SG Maybe it's a mental thing?
^^^lol

anyways i like shecters over any of the listed there. try to get a C1 (FR) hellraiser
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I'm not looking for a Floyd Rose... I feel like I wouldn't use it too often. Rather stick with a C-1 over a C-1 w/ FR. Just me however
well then get the C1 hellraiser. Tada
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR