I'm not trying to promote or advertise in any way.

I found an add in a magazine for the "Snap Jack" guitar cables: http://www.zzyzxsnapjack.com/. I am seriously considering buying one but i am undecided. I give lessons on basic stuff to a couple kids so it would make it easier to switch who is playing through the amp, but I am always suspicious of things like that. If anyone has any input I would gladly apreciate it.

-Exavior
i saw that in guitar world too! it seems expensive and impractiacal.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Major edit:

Okay after looking at the site, which sucks, nothing works on it, it still looks pretty crappy.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Last edited by dancesisidance at Aug 29, 2008,
15ft for 35$?? bit of a rip off and if ur playing a gig and u go to far by accident u don't want it just coming out. u want a small tug so that u know to go back. don't bother.
i dont know what there called but all the guitar teachers at the place i teach has sorta a splitter. its a single cable that runs into the amp but connects to a box that splits it into two cables with a volume for each.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
They might be cool for home use thats about it... I know I have a bad habit of sitting down while playing and not watching were I sit my feet. Usually it ends up right on top of the cable (its a curse I know) so when I stand up foot still on the cable I end up yanking the cable out the guitar and when i do the ole loop it inside the strap trick then I almost rip the cable in half lol. So if you have an issue like mine then sure then can help, but for any other purpose there useless...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
They might be cool for home use thats about it... I know I have a bad habit of sitting down while playing and not watching were I sit my feet. Usually it ends up right on top of the cable (its a curse I know) so when I stand up foot still on the cable I end up yanking the cable out the guitar and when i do the ole loop it inside the strap trick then I almost rip the cable in half lol. So if you have an issue like mine then sure then can help, but for any other purpose there useless...

I do the EXACT same thing... but it's always with my home-made cable that has a actual cable smaller than the hole in the 1/4" plug... so it looks VERY unstable... but i haven't pulled it out.... YET... lol. I guess i can always just repair it, though.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
I do the EXACT same thing... but it's always with my home-made cable that has a actual cable smaller than the hole in the 1/4" plug... so it looks VERY unstable... but i haven't pulled it out.... YET... lol. I guess i can always just repair it, though.

I've destroyed one cheap cable by doing that. Finally upgraded to some massive cables and havent had an issue with breakage but now that the cable wont break it feels like its going to rip my guitar in half lol

So I just remind myself and made it a habit to unplug the guitar before I stand up...
I got one of these for a birthday, and damn it was a great lead, I loved it. But it broke like the other day.

It did last a year tho.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Well i do have the problem of standing on my cable and that is what is so appealing about it. It seems like in a year the quality would go up immensely. hmm, ill probably just spend the money on some cds or something haha. thanks for all the input.

-Exavior
I considered these too, I saw a different brand of "snap jacks" in another guitar mag I forgot what they were called but they were cheaper

The reason I considered these is because I have 2 electrics, and I think it would just be conveniant to get two jacks, and one cable. Leave the jacks in the guitar and if I want to switch just snap the cable into my other guitar. It seems conveniant to me, but not for the price