is it possible to convert a SSH strat to a SSS? if so how hard would it be to do?
A different pickguad is all.
You don't have to worry about routing or anything because the hole is already big enough
ok sweet and one other question how about turning it into a HHS? id imagine that would require some routing to fit the larger pickup?
Depends on the guitar. Some have swimming pool routes (the entire area where the pickups go is routed out), some have HSS routes, and some have HSH routes. And to clear up confusion, most people on this site put the bridge pickup first.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
i might just go HH rather than HSH though idk got some time to think about it while i get the money together
a new pickguard for SSS. make sure the screwholes in your guitar would align with the screwholes on the new pickguard.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
wait?
You've changed the pickup configuration like 4 times.
First off you say
is it possible to convert a SSH strat to a SSS? if so how hard would it be to do?

so you have a guitar with HSS config. and you want SSS.
Then in your second post
ok sweet and one other question how about turning it into a HHS? id imagine that would require some routing to fit the larger pickup?

your saying now you want a HHS configuration?
Then 3rd
i might just go HH rather than HSH though idk got some time to think about it while i get the money together

You say you'll do HH instead of HSH, but you never said once you were doing HSH?

So personally im cunfused. And if you are two
H = Humbucker (double coil)

Sorry about long post just trying to clarify some things and hel out the TS
S = Single Coil (the mainly used pickup in strats. Half of a Humbucker)
Humbucker

Single Coil