Page 1 of 6
Okay, just had an idea for a new game!

Basically, the idea of it is simple.

You post up all of, or part of, a manufacturers description of a bass guitar, and people have to guess what bass guitar it is from that description. You can remove any references to brands or models.

For example, the description:

This select alder-body bass has a modern C-shaped, graphite-reinforced maple neck with a contoured heel (for easy access to upper frets), five-bolt neck plate, maple or rosewood rolled-edge fingerboard, abalone dot inlays and highly detailed nut and fret work. Other features include chrome hardware, a variety of pickguards (see specifications), deluxe chrome-plated steel bridge plate (string-through-body or top-load) with nickel-plated brass saddles, and Schaller® Deluxe Lite-Bass tuning machines...

Would be a Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass.

I'll start off with a relatively easy one...

Today's (BASS MODEL) - with it's huge, thunderous sound - is till a benchmark of innovation, functionality and style, and continues to symbolise (MAKE)'s drive to achieve creative excellence. Each (BASS MODEL) consists of a multiple-ply mahogany and walnut neck through body, with mahogany wings, designed for strength and stability.

There you go!

Have fun!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Okay, just had an idea for a new game!

Basically, the idea of it is simple.

You post up all of, or part of, a manufacturers description of a bass guitar, and people have to guess what bass guitar it is from that description. You can remove any references to brands or models.

For example, the description:

This select alder-body bass has a modern C-shaped, graphite-reinforced maple neck with a contoured heel (for easy access to upper frets), five-bolt neck plate, maple or rosewood rolled-edge fingerboard, abalone dot inlays and highly detailed nut and fret work. Other features include chrome hardware, a variety of pickguards (see specifications), deluxe chrome-plated steel bridge plate (string-through-body or top-load) with nickel-plated brass saddles, and Schaller® Deluxe Lite-Bass tuning machines...

Would be a Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass.

I'll start off with a relatively easy one...

Today's (BASS MODEL) - with it's huge, thunderous sound - is till a benchmark of innovation, functionality and style, and continues to symbolise (MAKE)'s drive to achieve creative excellence. Each (BASS MODEL) consists of a multiple-ply mahogany and walnut neck through body, with mahogany wings, designed for strength and stability.

There you go!

Have fun!

Thunderbird?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Great idea but im completly flunked on that one.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Did I get it right? Can I do mine now?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Did I get it right? Can I do mine now?

Yeah, you did.

Sorry, didn't expect this many responses so fast!
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Yay!

The innovative, hollow body, F-holes and pickup configuration are just a few of the characteristics that put the (model) at the top of the (brand) line. An ovangkol body is capped with a 3/8" Birdseye maple top and its unique, lower horn cutaway allows complete access to the second octave.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
Yay!

The innovative, hollow body, F-holes and pickup configuration are just a few of the characteristics that put the (model) at the top of the (brand) line. An ovangkol body is capped with a 3/8" Birdseye maple top and its unique, lower horn cutaway allows complete access to the second octave.

I want to say Warwick Infinity NT
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I want to say Warwick Infinity NT

Our survey says...

WARWICK INFINITY
*DINGDINGDING*
Quote by guitarhero_764

Right, I'll be back with an edit

EDIT:

*Cough* is offering these 5-string instruments through the *cough* department. The instrument has an unusual pickup arrangement, using four single coils combined into two “separated” hum-canceling pickups. This provides the instrument with both a depth and clarity while simultaneously providing the instrument with a mid-range voice. Also, incorporated in the design, is an optional manual compressor called a “ramp”, a beautiful 5-String Low- Profile neck with a 10” fretboard radius, a specialized pre-amp, super thin *cough* satin nitro finish and a newly design integrated neck joint in which the body and the neck are carved into one piece. This 5-string design includes a *cough* carved, curly maple top with a mahogany back, rock maple neck and a rosewood fretboard.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Aug 29, 2008,

That's a right toughie, no mistake.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Quote by Deliriumbassist

EDIT:

*Cough* is offering these 5-string instruments through the *cough* department. The instrument has an unusual pickup arrangement, using four single coils combined into two “separated” hum-canceling pickups. This provides the instrument with both a depth and clarity while simultaneously providing the instrument with a mid-range voice. Also, incorporated in the design, is an optional manual compressor called a “ramp”, a beautiful 5-String Low- Profile neck with a 10” fretboard radius, a specialized pre-amp, super thin *cough* satin nitro finish and a newly design integrated neck joint in which the body and the neck are carved into one piece. This 5-string design includes a *cough* carved, curly maple top with a mahogany back, rock maple neck and a rosewood fretboard.

I think I know what it is, is it too early for me to have another go?

EDIT: Wait, no I don't.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by goest
hell, if you know it, go for it

I thought I knew, but after reading it again it's completely different to what I thought it was.
Quote by guitarhero_764

I'm guessing the Line 6 Variax with all those electric components n whatnot.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
mwuahahaha!!!!

Warwick Vampyre?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Is it a scarce, foreign brand no one has ever heard of?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

EDIT:

PRS Gary Grainger Private Stock Bass

For my turn:
If the entire line of ??????? basses is like a family at a party, then the ???? is the in-law who ate all the food, drank all the booze and is now in the coat closet with not one, but two of the wait staff! You know the type - a complete and utter beast who only listens to the one person in the family who can control it. Yeah...the ??? is that wild.

Even though it cosmetically resembles other ???? models, the ??????? gets its outrageous attitude and powerful identity from its unique pickup and electronics package. There are two passive ???? humbuckers nestled closely in the center of the body, completely covering the legendary sweet-spot that so many basses miss completely. But this beast has a sensitive side too, which can be accessed via the two mini 3-way switches that allow you to coil tap each humbucker in a variety if ways (hum canceling parallel/series, single coil). To give the ?????? more flexibility, the passive pickups are matched to a ??????? 2-band preamp, making this behemoth a true passive/active hybrid bass - the best of both worlds.

BeastEdit:
Damn Goest you beat me to it. Still, mine is easy and should be guessed relatively quickly.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Last edited by Beast_Within at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist

EDIT:

PRS Gary Grainger.

I was just poking around that site. weird.

I'm right?

EDIT: beat.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Warwick Corvette $$

Even though i got the prs first...NVM, you amended it. No biggy
Quote by Beast_Within

For my turn:
If the entire line of ??????? basses is like a family at a party, then the ???? is the in-law who ate all the food, drank all the booze and is now in the coat closet with not one, but two of the wait staff! You know the type - a complete and utter beast who only listens to the one person in the family who can control it. Yeah...the ??? is that wild.

Even though it cosmetically resembles other ???? models, the ??????? gets its outrageous attitude and powerful identity from its unique pickup and electronics package. There are two passive ???? humbuckers nestled closely in the center of the body, completely covering the legendary sweet-spot that so many basses miss completely. But this beast has a sensitive side too, which can be accessed via the two mini 3-way switches that allow you to coil tap each humbucker in a variety if ways (hum canceling parallel/series, single coil). To give the ?????? more flexibility, the passive pickups are matched to a ??????? 2-band preamp, making this behemoth a true passive/active hybrid bass - the best of both worlds.

1. You dont know if it's right.
2. Goest guessed it first, so it's his turn first.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by Beast_Within

For my turn:

BeastEdit:
Damn Goest you beat me to it. Still, mine is easy and should be guessed relatively quickly.

Corvette $$

Goest - you can go. You got Ben's first.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Alright, hold on a sec...

EDIT:
The *expletive deleted* Combining the class and looks of the legendary *expletive deleted* guitar shape and the well-known playability of *expletive deleted* basses, with a dark and mysterious touch, the *expletive deleted* Bass hits the stage. A new bass breed, the *expletive deleted* Bass features a sleek recognizable solid alder body, bolt-on maple neck with split trapezoid pearl inlays, a pair of *expletive deleted* 35DC active humbuckers, two individual volume controls and one tone.
Last edited by goest at Aug 29, 2008,
Fernandes Ravell.

I think.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Totally...although...not spelled right...SO FAIL!!!!!!!!

I'm kidding, of course.
Quote by ScottB.

1. You dont know if it's right.
2. Goest guessed it first, so it's his turn first.

1) I did know it was right. I went to the site to check it out and the description matched word for word.
2) Goest got the correct answer during the time that it took to create my post, and after realizing this I edited my post to acknowledge him as the winner.
3) Don't wave your finger at me. You are not commander in chief of this forum and maybe it's none of your business. Okay
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
what?

dang. oh well. I win anyways.

this bass is made with an offset body, reminiscient of a jazz bass, and like early j-basses, has a metal bridge cover. the neck is sapele (5-piece) it has a swamp ash body (though you can also get mahogany) it has an ebony fingerboard with aluminum position markers, EMG-HZ pickups, and a string through bridge design. the 5 bolt neck is also the 'tension bar' access, with one of the screws being put right over the hole in which to turn it. the nickel plated brass nut sits on top of a plate between the headstock and the neck. this plate reduces tension on the neck. the tuners are sperzel, and it has a flame maple top (but solid finishes?)

EDIT: anyone?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Last edited by the humanity at Aug 29, 2008,
I think you have us extremely stumped dear boy.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Quote by Nutter_101
I think you have us extremely stumped dear boy.

umm...

that's kinda cool.

check bass player magazine. p. 56.

Sept. 2008.

I'm a big meanie.

whoever finds it first gets the next thing...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Last edited by the humanity at Aug 29, 2008,