So pit, I'm trying to get my older brother to go to an Alterbridge gig with me but he won't go for stupid reasons.

Ok he really likes the band, in fact he bought both their albums but according to him he doesn't need to see them live because he can just listen to their albums for free.

Another reason is that he says it's too expensive, is £20 expensive for a gig? (roughly $36 for you americans reading this)

So Pit, what is it that makes seeing a band live worth the money and the time so I can persuade my brother with your replies.

Thanks guys.
Tell him the live experience is always better/

Even though it's not really.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Alter Bridge are really good live. I can't be bothered with their records, but they put on a good show.
the sheer amount of energy that is present, also little added bonuses like extended songs, new songs, etc etc... the energy in the crowd, the better quality and real-ness of live playin, instead of sometimes static, overly rehearsed and perfect CD songs... thats why i would go!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Almost always worth it.

EDIT: lol at the mods taking out the video game spam post but not the anal rape suggestion.

Of course I went only to report the spam so I guess I'm a hypocrite
Last edited by Tire Me. at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by smb
Alter Bridge are really good live. I can't be bothered with their records, but they put on a good show.

Agreed SMB - They were surprisingly good at Download (I think it was there...).

TS - Your bro ever been to a gig? If no, then tell him, from me, this:

GET A GRIP! Going to a gig is perhaps the most amazing thing you'll ever experience.
I've never been to a live concert * crys uncontrolably* but ive seen vids of them on you tube and the way they improbvise just makes it so much better i would anything i own besides my guitar to see Pink Floyd in concert but thats never gunna happen
Quote by Ponyexpress
I've never been to a live concert * crys uncontrolably* but ive seen vids of them on you tube and the way they improbvise just makes it so much better i would anything i own besides my guitar to see Pink Floyd in concert but thats never gunna happen

Several different things about that post made me laugh.
Quote by saphrax
GET A GRIP! Going to a gig is perhaps the most amazing thing you'll ever experience.

+1
There's nothing quite like seeing your favourite bands live.

£20 isn't much either. Go with someone else and let your brother stay in and listen to his CD's if that's what he wants.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by blue_strat
Going out + being with people + seeing a live concert

vs

Staying in + wanking

going out +being with people+ wan.king= win win??
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

tell him there will be drunk chicks everywhere

its not really listening to them for free if he BOUGHT both their albums....

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!