i want to get a distortion pedal which is mainly for guitar but would sound good for bass too.

would the boss ds-1 sound decent?

its quite cheap so if its just ok i may get it just to play around with the distortion but only if its worthwhile

thanks guys

btw, if it helps, i play my bass into an orange crush 35b (crap i know, but i dont play bass that much)
what about a boss super overdrive pedal??

(thinks to self; why am i thinking boss all of a sudden?)
the other day I used the boss overdrive for guitar and it sound nice on the bass also I use the digitech tonedrive and I can create that distorted tone that Justin Chancellor use on Tool
No guitar distortion sounds good on bass without serious modification. They all cut way too much low end. Yes, that includes the Big Muff, which still cuts enough for you to drop completely out of the mix when you use it on a bass.

As said, you best bet is a bass distortion, as bass gear can handle into guitar range as well as bass range.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Could you use like the Bad Monkey and have more on the "low knob" and lower on the "high know"?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Nope, as that would just boost what are mids to a bass, and cut treble.

Getting a proper bass distortion would allow thebass to have low end and clarity.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
boss bass overdrive?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I have a DS-1 and with bass it sounds okay when playing solo and in your room but use it in a band and BOOM, you're invisible, completely lost in the mix.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!