Page 1 of 5
I guess we needed a thread for us southern U.S. UGers. Hurricane Gustav is coming, should be here in Louisiana on Monday/Tuesday. Hurricane Hanna is being pushed under Florida from high pressure, and its probably coming for us too I don't think N'awlins is ready for another hurricane. The levees still aren't repaired all the way.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
all i get is far below freezing temperatures
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
hopefully all of the people will leave before another one hits instead of staying and blaming Bush for the hurricane... isn't that weird... a Linkin Park song just came on...ok im done
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
No offense to people who live in New Orleans, but I think we should totally abandon it. This certainly isn't the first time it's been hit, and it definitely won't be the last. All of the financial resources that we've put into it have been for naught. It's going to get ripped apart again, maybe not this time, maybe not the next time, but in the not-so-distant future, it'll get raped again. It was destined to be a swamp, and no matter how many times we have to rebuild it, it'll end up being a swamp.
I heard that some of the levees were packed with old newspapers, instead of old tire chips or something like that. And that's not good. And don't forget that Hurricane Katrina was a Category 3 and by landfall Gustav will be a Category 3. So yea. Run.

Quote by Turd_Ferguson
No offense to people who live in New Orleans, but I think we should totally abandon it. This certainly isn't the first time it's been hit, and it definitely won't be the last. All of the financial resources that we've put into it have been for naught. It's going to get ripped apart again, maybe not this time, maybe not the next time, but in the not-so-distant future, it'll get raped again. It was destined to be a swamp, and no matter how many times we have to rebuild it, it'll end up being a swamp.

then where do all of the people go? how will they get there? Granted, it's an ok idea, but it would have to be implemented over time.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Aug 29, 2008,
Yeah, Gustav is supposed to be a 3. But remember, Katrina was a 5 before it hit land. It had a little power before it slowed down.
Yea, Gustav is going to butt-**** us. No school tho.
Me and my friends ran around school today screaming "WHATS THE POINT??? WERE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!"

lolz
I'm glad I'm in the Texas plains instead of closer to the coast like I was during Katrina and Rita.
Quote by kicknas
Yea, Gustav is going to butt-**** us. No school tho.
Me and my friends ran around school today screaming "WHATS THE POINT??? WERE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!"

lolz

You're cool.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
I think hurricanes should be given intimidating names. This is the reason people don't evacuate.

"Hurricane Gustav? Sounds like a gay Puerto Rican houseboy. Don't even board up the windows!"
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
@kicknas, thats not funny.

and @bluesubno6, hurricane katrina messed up my entire yard, but rita wasn't that bad. And Fay just brought 2 days of rain.
Quote by Mockstairwell
I think hurricanes should be given intimidating names. This is the reason people don't evacuate.

"Hurricane Gustav? Sounds like a gay Puerto Rican houseboy. Don't even board up the windows!"

I heard that a mandatory evacuation was going to go into place, correct me if I'm wrong.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by Mockstairwell

^ I agree man,

But anyway thx and keep me posted.
Quote by Mockstairwell

hahahah if it really is a gay puerto rican houseboy..then whoever was talking ab out butt ****ing is probably correct
best of luck, i delt with fay for 3 days sitting over me last week or so. supposta be a cat 3? hanna might come my way if it loops back around at florida.
a cloud of high pressure is protecting florida. it's pushing Hanna around into the gulf
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
@kicknas, thats not funny.

Hey, man I'm in Louisiana too. I'm right in the path of it. Sorry if I offended you or something.
Quote by ferretface
I heard that some of the levees were packed with old newspapers, instead of old tire chips or something like that. And that's not good. And don't forget that Hurricane Katrina was a Category 3 and by landfall Gustav will be a Category 3. So yea. Run.

Katrina was totally cat 5
my parents are making us evacuate to tennessee, i guess because they're scared that gustav will screw us up like katrina did.
i dont really care though.
i'd rather stay at home and watch all the destruction
Quote by skeptopotamus
Katrina was totally cat 5

Yes, it was BEFORE landfall. At landfall it was Cat 3.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Well, like most others around this area, i'm not letting this effect my labor day weekend.
Quote by ferretface
Yes, it was BEFORE landfall. At landfall it was Cat 3.

Ah, yep yep. misread an article
I have no idea when I'm supposed to go back to school, they never made an official announcement.
^They'll say it on the radio a few days before. They still arent sure about the path.
My ex-girlfriend was evacuated from New Orleans yesterday or the day before. She's there for college.

And my annoying grandparents are coming up here to stay with us throughout the hurricane.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I-Watch-Anime, where in Louisiana are you at?

I'm in Metairie and scared ****less. For Katrina we only got like 9in of water, which was just enough to **** everything up, but I'm scared the levees will break on the otherside for this one since they're weaker.

I don't even want to think about it man...I'm not ready for this again...
I'm in Hammond, so i'm a little farther up. We usually dont get flooding, but we have a lot of pine trees around here, and they snap easily.
^ Yeh, we evacuated to Tickfaw for Katrina, we have relatives there.

The tress man were a mess and there were like tornadoes all around us. We could hear the "train" noise.

We were out of power for like a month too. It sucked...
Really?! I live in Tickfaw :P i just say Hammond so the rapists wont find me. Who's your relatives, you know all us Tickfaw people know each other.
That sucks, man. Good luck with all the flooding.
I'm just glad we on the Texas coast will be getting some rain.
Quote by Mockstairwell

They should have scary, manly names like Hurricane Dangerous, Hurricane Powerslam, Hurricane Syphillis, Hurricane Cramp...Or my Favourite:

Hurricane Stubbed-Toe
Gustav is a 4 now by the way.

Edit: ^Oh you douche
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Moggan13
They should have scary, manly names like Hurricane Dangerous, Hurricane Powerslam, Hurricane Syphillis, Hurricane Cramp...Or my Favourite:

Hurricane Stubbed-Toe

haha

Hurricane Dragonforce
Page 1 of 5