I need a compressor for playing live so I can switch between slap and fingerstyle smoother but don't know what to get. Any ideas? I was considering a Kneely pedal (transistor) or a Carvin rack mount (optical), but I don't know what I'm talking about.
I wouldn't recommend using a compressor live.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
are you kidding me? dont use a compressor live? theres a rediulous amount of people who wouldnt go on without on, me being one of those people. what are your reasons, im curious...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
I wouldn't recommend using a compressor live.

When I'm playing fast fingerstyle where I'm barely touching the strings then switch to slapping the hell out of the strings, it is very obnoxious. I don't know how else to pull it off.
The EBS Multicomp is a tasty compressor in a pedal, it sounds nice, but you may want a rackmount compressor...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I hear really good things about dbx's compressors. I don't have the slightest idea which one to recommend though....
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Well, I wouldn't recommend the dbx 266XL. A few days ago, I plugged straight into the amp, and my tone was better by a long-shot. With the compressor plugged, it sounded as if the tone knob was at 0.

I was baffled...
Analog Man is better then Keeley, they're both great and you can't go wrong with either, but Analog Man makes the best compressors money can buy.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)