I have been playing guitar for over five years now, I have three guitars, an accoustic and two electric. Now i want to get a bass, know i want to get a Violin bass. I need help on which one. I can get a Rogue VB100 Series II Violin Bass for $200 or I can get a Hofner Icon Series Vintage Violin Bass, this weekend only for $300. is it worth paying the extra $100 dollars to get the hofner? Please help I need to know by sunday. Thank you!
I am Famous.
The Rouge is a flaming piece of crap. The Hofner is a flaming piece of crap, to a slightly lesser extent. I would advise that you stay away from both of them.
Captain Insano is indeed correct.
V
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Look at the FAQ for good starter basses.

Both of those basses there a crap.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
As said before, violin basses are generally a nice POS. They are only popular because of the Beatles, and he only got one because he was too cheap to get a Fender.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
As said before, violin basses are generally a nice POS. They are only popular because of the Beatles, and he only got one because he was too cheap to get a Fender.

Oh god, this man speeks the truith!
Quote by mwhan2209
Jesus Paul Jones and John Bonham.

What? I don't see a mistake in that sentence.
Quote by Wooly15
Oh god, this man speeks the truith!

and the truth too.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
No, just the truith.
Quote by mwhan2209
Jesus Paul Jones and John Bonham.

What? I don't see a mistake in that sentence.
sorry OP but the posters in this thread are completely and utterly right. I would suggest a high end squier (Vintage modified or classic vibe). Trust me, no matter how much you like the shape of a violin bass, you will just grow to hate it because of the crap sound. The same goes for anything by epiphone by the way.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.